Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes indeed. I've only owned the Element for about 2 years. Car came from NY, same thing, snow, salt, potholes.
The worst I had to deal with was a frozen bolt in the shock absorber on the driver's side and frozen cam adjusters. I ended up accidentally snapping off the welded nut on the arm but that was easily fixed with a new non-Honda bolt and nut with the new shock assembly. I hope your frame patch holds.

I still haven't found my rattle on the rear driver's side. :twisted: It is perplexing. I even dropped the gas tank thinking a baffle may be loose/broken. There are no baffles in that tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The worst I had to deal with was a frozen bolt in the shock absorber on the driver's side and frozen cam adjusters. I ended up accidentally snapping off the welded nut on the arm but that was easily fixed with a new non-Honda bolt and nut with the new shock assembly. I hope your frame patch holds.

I still haven't found my rattle on the rear driver's side. :twisted: It is perplexing. I even dropped the gas tank thinking a baffle may be loose/broken. There are no baffles in that tank.
Can you try a GoPro mounted under there and see if you spot anything moving? I've seen some youtube videos like that and it seems like it would be helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have the solution to the original posting in regards to the from inner Rear Trailing Arm bushing.
You can order them from a company called PowerFlex located in the UK.
The part number is PFR25-320
They are a polyurethane bushing that was really easy to replace.

I haven't been on the forum in a while and forgot my password + the email account associated to my membership here is out of action so I needed to create a new profile.

Either way, there is an option to replace these bushings without having to buy a whole trailing arm

Cheers
Kamn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Febest hab-003

Thanks to all that contributed on this thread! I bought and installed the HAB-003 and HAB-004 from Febest for my rear trailing arms. No problems installing them on my E will all the help from here. They fit perfectly!! The HAB-003 was a little bit of a challenge but I was able to press these in with the various hardware mentioned here (Harbor Freight Ball Joint Tool #63279 and the Schley 68100). After pressing in the rubber, lubricated with silicone, it was time for the "wings". I pressed the inner wing in first by sliding the open end of the C tool over the wing, resting it on the base and having the pin of the wing well greased. The inner portion of the bushing sleeve was protected with a flat cap from the Harbor Freight kit. A Harbor Freight "Earthquake XT" air impact was used and it went in smoothly with little effort. The outer wing was a bit more challenging but the same C tool was used as it barely fit over the non pressed wing. Again, well lubricate the pin on this wing before pressing. The open end of the C tool was cupped over the wing tab on the inner pin then centered over the outer portion of the wing tab you are going to press. Using the air impact gun this side went in just as smooth. I came out with solid new bushings for trailing arms that had nothing else wrong with them, saving myself hundreds in not having to buy a compete trailing arm (400-600) and labor costs (few hundred there too). All for about $77 bucks through the Febest website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you a million

Was just about to reassemble my entire rear end when I thought I would try (once again) to find a suitable replacement for the trailing arm forward bushing. Landed on this thread and found the Febest model afterwards. Thanks everyone for the contributions through the years! :-D

·
Registered
187 Posts
vadim

Replaced my rear trailing arm bushing and rear bushings on the knuckle the other day. Replaced the trailing arm bushing with a polyurethane one from Siberian Bushing. Used a polyurethane one from Whiteline for the knuckle.
How are they performing? Road noise, vibrations, feel?

·
Registered
33 Posts
How are they performing? Road noise, vibrations, feel?
So far I haven't noticed any abnormal road noise or any squeaks from using the urethane bushings. The rear suspension also feels nice and tight. Then again, I haven't had a stock suspension in my element for 15 years. I always had a Tein Basic Coilovers until I switched out to a replacement strut/shock with drop springs recently.:-D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Febest hab-003

Thanks to all that contributed on this thread! I bought and installed the HAB-003 and HAB-004 from Febest for my rear trailing arms. No problems installing them on my E will all the help from here. They fit perfectly!! The HAB-003 was a little bit of a challenge but I was able to press these in with the various hardware mentioned here (Harbor Freight Ball Joint Tool #63279 and the Schley 68100). After pressing in the rubber, lubricated with silicone, it was time for the "wings". I pressed the inner wing in first by sliding the open end of the C tool over the wing, resting it on the base and having the pin of the wing well greased. The inner portion of the bushing sleeve was protected with a flat cap from the Harbor Freight kit. A Harbor Freight "Earthquake XT" air impact was used and it went in smoothly with little effort. The outer wing was a bit more challenging but the same C tool was used as it barely fit over the non pressed wing. Again, well lubricate the pin on this wing before pressing. The open end of the C tool was cupped over the wing tab on the inner pin then centered over the outer portion of the wing tab you are going to press. Using the air impact gun this side went in just as smooth. I came out with solid new bushings for trailing arms that had nothing else wrong with them, saving myself hundreds in not having to buy a compete trailing arm (400-600) and labor costs (few hundred there too). All for about $77 bucks through the Febest website.
Hi Tom,
I'm new to this forum. I have been servicing my '03 Element since new and have gone through all of the suspension except the infamous rear trailing arms. I am happy to see your post and would appreciate clarification of one item. I just received the HAB-003 bushings and notice an interference fit between the "wings" and the center of the bushing. Is this what you are referring to when you refer to pressing the wings into the bushing center? I probably will have additional questions but the fit seemed pretty snug with 0.010" to 0.012" of interference. Thanks
Art Kimmel

·
Registered
133 Posts
Replaced my rear trailing arm bushing and rear bushings on the knuckle the other day. Replaced the trailing arm bushing with a polyurethane one from Siberian Bushing. Used a polyurethane one from Whiteline for the knuckle.
Looking for a link on the Siberian Rear Trailing Arm Bushings.
Checked the site, but didn't find any rear bushings for the E :(

Found it :)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts