Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
As you can see I’m about too do ALL my LCA bushings. Left ones are Fronts w/ Subframe spacers for my lift and Right are the Rear bushings.

Now I just need the 2(6 bushings) in question and the Aerogenics Billet Rear LCAs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my Febest bushings today to do my rear lower control arms and HAB-004 does NOT fit my 2007 element EX AWD. I will double check with Febest to see if there could be any mixup but it looks like the inner bore is 12 or 13mm and the factory is definitely a 14mm bolt so it physically cannot fit through the bushing. You guys for sure had HAB-004 fit yours? Febest lists 2003-2011 so there is either a part change not listed or I got a bad batch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my Febest bushings today to do my rear lower control arms and HAB-004 does NOT fit my 2007 element EX AWD. I will double check with Febest to see if there could be any mixup but it looks like the inner bore is 12 or 13mm and the factory is definitely a 14mm bolt so it physically cannot fit through the bushing. You guys for sure had HAB-004 fit yours? Febest lists 2003-2011 so there is either a part change not listed or I got a bad batch.
Honda Element is listed as compatible with the HAB-004 RTA rearward bushing: FEBEST Parts website
I haven't tried that bushing, so I can't input my experience, but I did just purchase the FEBEST HAB-003 forward bushing for the rear trailing arm. I haven't installed it yet. I do hope it works well!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll be curious how HAB-003 works out for you. On the picture it does not appear to have an outer metal sleeve. The OEM bushing, as I recall, has an outer sleeve that's in two parts half a cylinder each. I wonder if you're supposed to reuse the OEM sleeve with HAB-003.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll be curious how HAB-003 works out for you. On the picture it does not appear to have an outer metal sleeve. The OEM bushing, as I recall, has an outer sleeve that's in two parts half a cylinder each. I wonder if you're supposed to reuse the OEM sleeve with HAB-003.
Yeah... I noticed that as well. I'll let you know how it works out. I'm actually changing all the bushings on the RTA in an effort to solve a tire cupping problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I now have experience with the FEBEST HAB-003. It's basically identical to the OEM bushing. The only difference I can see is the ears(lack of better term) on the FEBEST parts are painted, and the OEM had the yellow/gold anti-corrosive coating. I might post a video of the process later. But, I'm also lazy. I hope this is helpful for those looking to replace the rear trailing arm forward bushing.

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
459 Posts
Looking at that convinces me that I want to find a spare set of arms, remove the bushings, have the arm stripped and powder coated, then install new bushings and have them ready to go when the time comes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good to know @Alloysnake , thanks. Was the new bushing hard to press in? I went with Roca, and that one had a solid cylinder outer sleeve (not two halves), which was hard to press in as I recall. I do like the solid cylinder design better, but the OEM one did last for 150K miles, and the one on the pass side is still original with 200K on the clock, so this is only an opinion grounded in theory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good to know @Alloysnake , thanks. Was the new bushing hard to press in? I went with Roca, and that one had a solid cylinder outer sleeve (not two halves), which was hard to press in as I recall. I do like the solid cylinder design better, but the OEM one did last for 150K miles, and the one on the pass side is still original with 200K on the clock, so this is only an opinion grounded in theory.
It was easy. Though, I do have a press...
I used large channel lock pliers to press the two 'halves' together and get it started. Then I used a press to get it all the way in, though I think that probably wasn't necessary.

I'm not sure if the stock bushing needed replaced, but I was already replacing all the other bushings on the rear, so I thought I'd do these as well to make the rear tight as possible. Out of all the rear bushings, these were the second easiest to extract and install. The rearward RTA bushing being the easiest. The bushings in the knuckle were a PITA to exact, slightly easier than a PITA to install. The knuckle doesn't sit well in the press. I did leave the spindle attached. Not sure if its removal would've made it any easier, though.

Anyhow, I'll see how long the new bushings last...

61 - 69 of 69 Posts