Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Seagull
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just got my Honda element 2008 and the rear view mirror has a couple of scratches on it and they're bugging me, is replacing the mirror easy? and is there any way i can get power to the mirror in case if i wanted a mirror with programmed buttons on it?

Where could i find replacement mirrors?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Austinlud0813.

Replacing the mirror (Honda p/n 76400-SCV-A01ZA) is pretty straightforward.

A few online parts sources, in alpha order:
Bernardi (Massachusetts)
Cheap Honda Parts (California)
College Hills Honda (Ohio)
Honda Parts Deals (Rhode Island)
Honda Parts Now (California)
Honda Parts Store (Maryland)
Honda Parts Unlimited (Arizona)
Majestic (Rhode Island)
My Honda Parts Store (Oklahoma)
Real Honda Parts (Texas)
YourHondaParts.com (Arizona)

Some owners have replaced their stock mirrors with fancier ones and discussed the conversion issues in the DIY section. A thread-title search there for keyword "mirror" will return relevant threads. Enjoy your reading.

·
Registered
663 Posts
There are clips on the right and left side of the plastic piece around the mirror base. You should be able to 'pop' that cover off. The service manual instructs to use a 'trim tool' (Harbor freight has a set for about $6 or so) but if you're careful you can probably get it off without scratching or breaking anything without the tools.

There are three philips head screws holding the mirror.

is there any way i can get power to the mirror
There MAY be a 12V feed to the overhead console...

Yes, there is. The two front 'maplights' have a two pin connector. Pin 2 is 12V hot at all times. Should be a WHT/BLU wire. Just be careful you don't overload the circuit... FUSE 3 in the underhood fuse box is 7.5 A and it powers other stuff also, TPMS, Multiplex control, the other ceiling lights...

·
Registered
663 Posts
It amazes me that this forum has so many 'seagulls'. This OP joined, asked his question, and never returned... just like SO many others. Must be better pickings at the dump.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
It amazes me that this forum has so many 'seagulls'. This OP joined, asked his question, and never returned...
Well, it's us "seagulls" that provide feedback and great information/advice that makes this (and others) such a great source of info. :shock: :)

Sincerely,
a seagull

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts