Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the autoparts store and got a replacement wiper for the rear of my 05 element. I ripped the old one off, threw it away, and can't seem to get the new one on! After doing some searching, I think throwing away the blade that I had was a big mistake, and I should have simply refilled the wiper portion. But now it is long gone in a dump somewhere. Right now I only have the wiper arm touching the bare glass.

HELP! :?:?:?

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is very little cost difference between the refill and a new complete blade assembly.

Time for a visit to a local dealer, if you cannot wait for an online order to arrive.

I seem to recall them being in the $6 - $8 range.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If I remember right a Trico replacment blade and all is like 8 or so $ and is a 12B ( Someone correct me if im rong..)

·
Registered
751 Posts
That's the number I've seen floating around here. Good luck finding one in the store though...

If you can't find the Trico or similar, go to the dealer and get the OEM part.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I did the same thing and the aftermarket wouldn't fit so I bought the stock one for around 9 dollars that was complete.

·
Registered
2 Posts
rear wiper

I could not find a wiper small enough for the rear in the local auto stores so I ordered one online. The website claimed that it would fit, however it did not. I was already out on the cost of the wiper and shipping so I just bent out the clips of the new one to get just the blade out. I was able to slip the blade right on the existing arm.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i replace all 3 wipers once a year..right before i get the car inspected..here in n.y the 1st thing they check is the wipers,,so i save myself the aggivation of hearing the inspection station try to sell me so crap wiper blades

·
Registered
71 Posts
auto zone 12 inch's about $10-$15

1 - 10 of 10 Posts