Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into removing my rear wiper. I don't use it, and it takes up valuable graphic space.

Does anyone know of a clean way to remove this, or at least disable it so someone couldn't "accidentaly" turn it on?

The latter sounds more cost effective.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
if you want to remove the whole thing take the little cover of the rear wiper arm at the pivoting point, remover the nut, take the wiper arm off, then remove the other nut. take the interior panel off the tailgate inside the truck and pull the three bolts out and unplug the motor and you are done. now you will have to plug the hole with either a grommet or something else to keep water from getting in.

you could just unplug the motor after taking the trim off if you dont want to remove the whole thing, or just take the wiper arm off and cap off the stud that it mounts to. you cant just take a fuse out though as the same one does both the front and rear wipers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ended up just pulling the plug on the rear wiper motor. It was a lot less work and it does the job. The back came off easy with a small crow bar with a towel over it.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What did you cover it with? I used a hole plug. I am interested in what others have been using. The Civic cover was not working for me. Then, I discovered the Home Depot hole plug [thanks to VFX].

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I used a faucet plug wrapped in vinyl. It's laying around somewhere--I should sell it for a few bucks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
after reading the few threads on this topic, im confused as to whether or not the EG Civic plug from Honda works or not. some have it and some say it doesnt fit/work. does the 'faucet plug' come in black?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Plug too small?

I know this thread is 3 years old but I thought I would give this a shot.

I just tried to do the replacement. No problem getting everything off. Problem was the plug I ordered was way too small for the hole in the glass. Did I order the wrong bolt/ plug?

I ordered:
90108-SR3-000 Bolt, RR. 3964335 SPORD
90109-SR3-000 Seal, RR. 3964343 SPORD

My question is- Is this the wrong bolt?

Or do I need 90108-SR3-000 Seal 3964319, to make a larger seal?

I've also read people doing it with the following list-
90301-SR3-000 - Hatch Window Plug
76707-ST7-000 - Grommet
90156-SH3-000 - Bolt
94103-14200 - Washer

Anyone able to offer some help?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yup, the hole in the glass. Once you remove the wiper arm, then the large exterior nut, then the interior panel, then the motor, you have a ~1.5'' hole with a rubber grommet around it. So I now need a plug that covers up the majority of that hole. Does that make sense or am I just doing this whole thing wrong. This may require a picture....

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts