Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a very active member several years ago. I need some advice on new tires.

I have a 2005 SC MT with 112K. I have gone through tires like crazy. I went to a larger size after dumping the OEM's.

Because of blowouts, I have two michelins and two pirelli scorpions on there now and they are about done. TONS of road noise.. I'm going deaf turning the radio up so high I can't hear my phone ring between the two. I can't hear ON the phone because of the road noise.

I have a manual transmission and I'm a fairly aggressive driver. I rarely go off road, but sometimes get on muddy 2 tracks going to fishing spots... never had any problems.

I don't mind paying up to $700 for a set of tires including installation. I will probably have an alignment done as well.

SO... I want something quiet with good wet traction and will last awhile. suggestions??

Thanks!

B

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hello,

Maybe we can help. I would recommend looking at the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred or the BFG Long Trail Touring. Either of these tires would be an excellent choice for you. They both have excellent mileage warranties, are smooth and quiet on the road and are within your price range. Let us know if we can help you with an order. We would love to earn your business.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I get them easily at the local Discount Tire? How d they do in wet weather?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I see SC in your post, but EX in your profile....

What size rims do you have... 16" or 18"?

I'll assume 16" for now. I've got some 225/70-16 General Grabber HTS tires.
Click to see what I think of 'em.. They are just slightly larger than stock. Also available in 235/70 and 235/65 sizes if you want bigger. Sounds like they would prolly work well for your aplication.

I'm not sure if they do an 18" size for the SC models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts