Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner looking to add a dvd unit and keyless/alarm system but need help choosing the best one. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
141 Posts
How would you define best one?

What are your criterias? Do you have a certain budget?

There are a lot of car security alarms out there that varies in prices but will do the same thing. Do you care about a particular brand?

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for something middle of the road or higher, cause I will be getting a deal through a auto body shop but i need to choose the system and tell them what to order.

·
Registered
141 Posts
shortdogs16,

here's a link to a BUY IT NOW in ebay. It's a Hornet 554T. It's a DEI product. They are selling it for $167 only. It comes with a vibrating LCD remote and runs on an FM Frequency. It has a built-in remote start and comes with the installation wirings and relays. They're even throwing in a window roll up module.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040401456&category=14934

This is what the remote looks like:

OR

you can get this one and save a few $67 and get the same security and range:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039509865&category=14934&rd=1

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
For your DVD unit:

Where are you planning on installing it? The overhead bin? If so, you will need an in-dash type since those are normally a lot smaller. There are varieties of DVD players. Do you want one that also plays Video CD's? Also, are you planning on using wireless headphones?

Do you want the capability of listening to your CD's with your stock stereo while others are watching movies while using their wireless headphones?

What are the overall functions and type of setup are you planning for your E? Are you planning on intalling an in-dash Tv or monitors in the visors?

One thing I will recommend is: if you have kids and want them to enjoy the TV, do not install the tv in the headrest. It gives a lot of kids motion sickness because it vibrates and moves a lot more than the overhead monitors. It does make most viewers sick when watching tv through the headrest monitors versus the overhead. It looks good for car shows but not as practical as the overhead.

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone brought a portable car DVD player from Target or Walmart. If so, how is the set up and the quality? I think it sells for 300 to 500 and it fits between the 2 front seats with some type of straps.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought one before from WalMart and their portable DVD players are very good quality. The cheapest portable they carry is by Initial. It came complete with a recharger, a/c and car cord. Excellent price too.
John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Folks! I found the most awesome Portable DVD Player on the market!!! Just came out Friday, August 8th. It only weighs 5.2 lbs. It can be used in any vehicle, boat, RV, etc. It can also be used at home or in the office...it's that portable!!!! It plugs into the Elements power outlets or into a plug in your house. A "portable power pack" is coming soon so I can use it in an airport, camping, etc. I didn't want to permanently install a DVD System in my brand new Element. This Portable DVD Player is so high tech looking that it looks like it belongs in an ELEMENT! The picture quality is clear and sharp. But it's the "headphones" that blew my mind!!! You wouldn't believe the sound they produce. Check out my website below and let me know if you like it and what you think it retails for?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
[quote:f3547ea472="pharaohxiii"]I paid $357.00 :lol: Dealerships are retailing it from $699.00 - $999.00![/quote:f3547ea472]

where did you get it, i wouldnt mind paying less than 429 :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts