Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man... Columbus OH ain't that lame! Where are you Columbus EOC guys at?

Oh well.. maybe I should save the money.

Oh I see, there's a Midwest EOC section, perhaps I'll check in over there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew that was going to happen as soon as I hit submit on the first post. I figured it would be just a given in a mobile electronics forum.

You're right though.. so much stuff in the mobile electronics world who would know?

Im thinking about installing my old JL 300/4 (or Arc 300/4) amp and Rainbow components into the E. I read that it was possible to power the stock amp with 2 channels from an amp. Got an old Alpine 7995 laying around as well. Trying to find a really good installer because the installation in my last car wasn't very good.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I knew that was going to happen as soon as I hit submit on the first post. I figured it would be just a given in a mobile electronics forum.

You're right though.. so much stuff in the mobile electronics world who would know?

Im thinking about installing my old JL 300/4 (or Arc 300/4) amp and Rainbow components into the E. I read that it was possible to power the stock amp with 2 channels from an amp. Got an old Alpine 7995 laying around as well. Trying to find a really good installer because the installation in my last car wasn't very good.
not sure what you are taking about powering the stock amp with 2 channels from an amp. so you are leaving the stock deck and wanting to add the jl amp in to power the components? anything else getting powered by it like the rear stock speakers? the only reason i am asking for specifics is because yes i know a very good installer in that area that might be able to hook you up, he isnt cheap but he isnt over the top either, and he is about as good an installer as you will find as he has been doing this for a long time...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Typo.. stock sub. As for the rear speakers I'm not sure yet because if I was to install the 7995 it doesn't have an amp built in. If I stay with the stock HU then I would use the stock amp for the rears.

The guy you know, does he work at a shop?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you could use the stock amp to power the sub and the aftermarket radio to control both the aftermarket amp and the stock amp and sub since it has 3 preoputs. aftermarket amp powers your components and factory rear speakers for now and you can just hook up new rear at some point and it is already getting decent power from the jl amp.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i talked to him and he isnt gonna have time to do it cause he is really booked up, maybe if it was just a deck install or sat radio or something he could squeeze you in. he recommended columbus car audio. see link below. he is from that area and knows all the shops pretty well so i feel safe telling you about them.

http://www.columbuscaraudio.com/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right on, thanks for checking for me. Yeah I know Columbus Car Audio I drive by there every once in a while. I'll have to stop in there since your dude recommends them. I'm still in my budgeting stage (Christmas and all). If I hold off until next year I might ask you again about your friend.

Oh, if you have time and remember.. ask him what he thinks of Mobile Electronics on Cleveland Ave.

Thanks man

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on, thanks for checking for me. Yeah I know Columbus Car Audio I drive by there every once in a while. I'll have to stop in there since your dude recommends them. I'm still in my budgeting stage (Christmas and all). If I hold off until next year I might ask you again about your friend.

Oh, if you have time and remember.. ask him what he thinks of Mobile Electronics on Cleveland Ave.

Thanks man
Oops, I meant Mobile Sound Systems on Cleveland Ave. *If you have time.. *

1 - 11 of 11 Posts