Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking E for brake recall, Honda sent me an email for "required" maintenance. It included ATF replacement/Power Steering fluid replacement and brake fluid "flush", all for around $400+. We have DIY's on all of them, I was planning on doing the first two myself. Was wondering, Honda states they use a cleaner for the ATF/PS fluid change which supposes removes gum and varnish in system. Is this for the newer models, necessary or just marketing "hype"? Any help appreciated. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
after taking e for brake recall, honda sent me an email for "required" maintenance. It included atf replacement/power steering fluid replacement and brake fluid "flush", all for around $400+. We have diy's on all of them, i was planning on doing the first two myself. Was wondering, honda states they use a cleaner for the atf/ps fluid change which supposes removes gum and varnish in system. Is this for the newer models, necessary or just marketing "hype"? Any help appreciated. :)
all hype...there not flushing,,there just draining and refill..i just did the p/s,,tranny and rear diff myself,,it took an hour total cost for all fluids and washers was around $80,,,i plan on flushing the coolant this coming week....do it yourself..theres awsome write ups here with great pictures...good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts