Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone refer me to a supplier of Red JDM Badges?
I have heard that the 06+ Civic badges will work but I do not trust that to much, I would prefer to give my business to someone you have dealt with and knows that they will fit in the E.

My E was trashed during a July hail storm in Denver and it is going into the shop to get all better on monday including a VIS carbon hood.:cool:

Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Watch that vis hood closely, I have one on my camaro, it started cracking in small amounts within 2 weeks, I think they are junk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn that is not good to hear at all....even with the price discount they gave me I may not do that....they went from $700 to $400 plus shipping.
mainly because they said the latch mechanism is too short and will require some fitment work.

·
Registered
557 Posts
All carbon fiber cracks, it has no flex to it like metal, once it moves from it's original shape, it cracks, and if it moves too much it shatters, in any front fender bender expect it to explode into many pieces. Some Hood manufacturers may be better than others, but it's usually the same material.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you are saying not to worry?

I suppose we need to define cracks!?!.....I plan on having this one painted except for the center depression that will be cleared again.

Cracks in the finish, cracks in the carbon...where are the cracks? are they at natural stress points?

Thanks both of you! :D:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, yeah....anyone with the JDM badges....hijacking my own thread!!!:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got my badges from JDMland.com I purchased most of my stuff for my Civic when I had it from them as well. VERY professional people and quick delivery. You want the front emblem off the FD2 (Civic Type R), here is a pic from the site...

Understand that this is the biggest emblem that Honda puts out, and it will still leave about a 1/4 inch gap around the front of the grill where the OEM emblem goes. Not enough to really notice even from 5 feet away though. I love mine, I would suggest you get the combo that they offer for front and back.

Another couple reputable places I have gotten gear is
www.jhpusa.com
www.bestjdmparts.com
www.jdm****.com

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah, its normal but if you saw my hood, you would crap your pants, it just must be all that american power, lol.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh yeah, the badges, I searched honda jdm emblems on ebay and got over 600 listings.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome thank you....!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah, the badges, I searched honda jdm emblems on ebay and got over 600 listings.
Yeah I appreciate that, but I avoid SATAN's little helper AKA eBay like the plague...to many fakes out there!

Thanks though

·
Registered
669 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume somebody already mentioend just painting the grille yourself?

·
Registered
351 Posts
No, he's talking about the replacement emblem that you only find on the Type R Hondas from Japan. It's a solid piece. My last post has a pic.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I know what he means, but why not just paint it yourself? Other than the rear emblem, it looks just as good.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I know what he means, but why not just paint it yourself? Other than the rear emblem, it looks just as good.
Because the real thing isn't "3D". Plus some folks want to do it right the first time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts