Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research. I'm reporting absolute stats like "times in the shop" that will make the differences between cars much clearer. Relative ratings obscure too much--how large is the difference between "better than average" and "worse than average"? I’ll also be updating results four times a year, so there will be information on new models sooner.

I haven't started collecting data on the Element yet, because too few owners have signed up. But I'd certainly like to include it, so I'm grateful that the admin of this forum emailed me offering to help.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results free of charge.

Details: Vehicle reliability research

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 2003 Element is now included in the survey, and the 2004 is just a few vehicles short of the minimum. So we're getting there, thanks to help from this forum and its owner (for which I'm very grateful).

To help get your year included in the results:

Vehicle reliability research

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Signed up. 4 years + 2 weeks, 89,500 miles.....battery,tires, brakes, fluids, filters.....

Some time soon.....shocks, struts, serpetine belt.....

color me "happy".:lol:

EDIT: Did anyone get back an e-mail or anything? Or did I mess up signing in?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ooooo . . . statistics . . .

You'll have a lot of people drooling around here! :p Including me!

I'd love to help, but I don't seem to keep any vehicle long enough to probably help :rolleyes:. I'm on my 3rd E (by choice, no accidents or problems) so I can at least comment on the integrity!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Love my Element.

I've only owned it for about 10k miles but have had to have a new caliper put on the back right wheel. Not bad so after 80k miles that is the only repair and it drives like a beauty.

Really good in the snow up here in Massachusetts. The only problem is that I just can't stop buying things to install and do to it. hehe

Viva la Element!

·
Registered
25 Posts
05 ex awd 30000 all i've had to do was take it in for a new radio, mine decided to quit playing cd's, it was covered under warranty! love ever minute driving it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2003, 2004, and 2005 are now in the survey, but we haven't been receiving quite enough responses to provide results. With a few more partipants per model year we'd have some results in February.

Help make this happen:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
The 2003, 2004, and 2005 are now in the survey, but we haven't been receiving quite enough responses to provide results. With a few more partipants per model year we'd have some results in February.

Help make this happen:

Car reliability research
I have been responding the emails that you send and filling out the info for my 2003. How can I sign into the site? There isn't anywhere to sign in.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been responding the emails that you send and filling out the info for my 2003. How can I sign into the site? There isn't anywhere to sign in.
Sorry, I somehow lost track of this thread. The site has been redesigned since this was posted--login now easy to find.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've updated our reliability stats for the Element to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.)

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2007 Element: 11, low, very small sample size
2006 Element: 12, low, very small sample size
2005 Element: 55, moderate, very small sample size
2004 Element: 100, high, very small sample size
2003 Element: 85, moderate

We'll have further updates in November and February.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

Honda Element reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Mine's a lemon. Mileage in the low 50K range and I've had to replace the alternator, the AC blows hot, the seat rocks and the cover is cracked. Also most of the dash lights are out including the light behind the odometer and the hvac controls.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our reliability stats for the Element now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2008 Element: 12, low, very small sample size
2007 Element: 30, low, very small sample size
2006 Element: 69, moderate, very small sample size
2005 Element: 31, low, very small sample size
2003 Element: 70, low

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We've updated our reliability stats for the Element to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

2008 Element: 24, low, very small sample size
2007 Element: 47, low, very small sample size
2006 Element: 100, high, very small sample size
2005 Element: 37, low, very small sample size
2003 Element: 71, low

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We've updated our reliability stats for the Element to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2008 Element: 42, low, small sample size
2007 Element: 32, low, very small sample size
2006 Element: 82, moderate, very small sample size
2005 Element: 12, low, small sample size
2003 Element: 34, low, small sample size

Additional participants needed--I'd love to drop those disclaimers.

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

1 - 20 of 40 Posts