Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I unlock my doors with the remote keyless entry, I get 2 beeps when I open the door. Does anyone know what that is trying to tell me???????

· Registered
24 Posts
The beeps are probably the warning beeps for your lights---when your lights are on and the E is off it will beep letting you know your lights are on...when you press the remote to unlock the doors this flashes the parking lights twice--making the beep everytime because your lights are on.....

It happens to me too :)

· Registered
10 Posts
I have that system. I was told by the Honda service dude that:
1 beep = You just locked the doors
2 beeps = You just unlocked the doors
3 beeps = You tried to lock the doors, but at least one is partially open
4 beeps = Since you locked the doors, something has tripped the alarm

I have verified the first three, but I had the sensitivity set so low on the alarm, I haven't been able to get 4 beeps yet. I kept the keyless entry for that function only, not the alarm.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drummerr: You are correct. It beeps when the lights blink. Once if I hit the remote once to open just the driver's door and twice if I hit the remote twice to unlock all doors. At least I now know what it is doing.

· Registered
71 Posts
I had my keyless entry installed at the dealer when I bought it. The only time it beeps is when I lock it w/ the remote. I hit the button 2x and that is when it beeps. I make it beep to know I have it all locked up. I will have to find out why it does not beep like all of yours... huh.

· Registered
43 Posts
My husband made my alarm go off when he tried to open the door with his key without turning off the alarm. It's definitely loud enough.

· Registered
22 Posts
Had keyless entry installed by dealer when purchased last May. Since then the horn started beeping for no reason. Last time at 3AM. As far as I know, I asked for keyless entry, not alarm. Is there a simple way to disconnect the horn from the system? :roll: Daffy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.