Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salesman tells me the remote keyless entry is on national backorder. Is this true or is that just an excuse? Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought my E on 5/22 and they were backordered then, ... at least at every dealer in my area. Most websites show them backordered, too.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
I waited 6 weeks for keyless. A little over 1 week ago both Handa-accessories and hondacuraworld had some in stock, but not may (they'd finally gotten shipments). Apparently they severely underestimated demand.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
i was able to order one for a customer the other day........try calling a canadian dealer.should be the same part number.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wish I HADN'T gone thru the dealer on this. Mine charged $240 for the parts and labor to install it. So much for not finding these forums BEFORE I bought my E! :)

I could get it online for ~$120 (with shipping), and labor is a joke -- it takes about 15 minutes to install yourself. All you need is a 10MM wrench or socket.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer is throwing in the remote keyless entry for free so I will wait for them. I just wanted to be sure they weren't trying to pull something on me. Thanks forth the info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I picked up my E June 6th & was told the keyless entry was on back order.
It came in in about a week, and was installed on the 17th.

Perhaps they are shipping now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just called my dealer to ensure that they had them in stock. My E will be delivered on Monday. He said that they had plenty in stock and had never been out of them. Chalk it up to either a good buyer in their parts area or maybe a lack of demand. Anyway, I'm glad it will be installed when the E gets here!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had good timing. When I picked my E up yesterday, the backordered remote entry had come in that morning so it was included.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My dealer was going to charge 170, but they didn't have it in stock. I got tired of waiting and got it off EBay, put it on, and now I'll be getting a check today. Thanks, everybody for letting me know how easy it is to install it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
heman, i bought my e a few wks. ago. they had the keyless entry at the dealership and installed it when the e arrived.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts