Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? Last week my battery died and i replaced it. The keyless entry does'nt work at all. The remotes flash but there is no light on at the receiver on the bottom of the dash. Please help!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
reprogram your keyless entry remote

:? Last week my battery died and i replaced it. The keyless entry does'nt work at all. The remotes flash but there is no light on at the receiver on the bottom of the dash. Please help!!!
I think You need to reprogram your remote!

Here's a program sequence step by step.

1 Disarm System (Unlock)
2. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" (II) position
3 Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote control transmitter.
4 Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" (0,I) position
5 Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
6 Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote control transmitter.
7 Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" (0,I) position
8 Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
9 Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote control transmitter.
10 Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" (0,I) position
11 Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
12 Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote control transmitter.
* The power door locks cycle to indicate programming mode.
The Status LED illuminates simultaneously for 1 second.
*To terminate the programming mode at this point, either turn off the ignition key to the "OFF" position or leave the remote buttons untouched for over 10 seconds. To program the remote perform the steps 2 through 12.
13 Press the "LOCK" button of each remote (one at a time) to be stored in memory.
*The power door locks cycle to confirm each entry.
The status LED illuminates simultaneously for 1 second.
* A button on each remote control transmitter to be programmed must be pressed.
Perform the programming steps within 10 seconds for each remote or else the programming mode will terminate.

Good Luck:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
My remote quit working a long time ago. I started using the key to unlock the door until that wore out. Once I found out how cheap the lock actuator was I bought one for $39 and replaced it myself. I had a local locksmith replace the keys in the tumbler for $35. Still, nothing out of the remote so I did a reset from valet mode. I did it twice and got no response. I get the same non-response with both of my remotes. I assume the batteries are good because that's the first thing I replaced months ago. Anyone have any new ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts