Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are buying a 2007 Element SC, which are both excited about. Unfortunately, the car is black which is going to be a killer here in Georgia. I have been trying to do some research on remote starters to hopefully get the AC going before we get to the car to help reduce the cooling time. I have found a few threads on here mentioning remote starters, but nothing very specific, except for one thread where one is being designed. Does anybody have experience good or bad with remote starters in an Element? What brand / model do you recommend or stay away from?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I had a Viper alarm in my '06 E which had remote start. It worked great for the longest time and just before my E died the remote start would work when it wanted to. I'd press the buttons to start it and it would crank then shut back off. Not sure if it was because the valet key was used for the set up or not. I did have a similar unit for years in another car a while back and never had an ounce of trouble with it. It was also a Viper alarm with remote start.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I second the DEI (Viper, Python, Rattler, and so on...), I have installed and used their equipment for years. ELE, your tach wire might have come loose, and that's why it wasn't working correctly anymore. Remember, if it doesn't work, take it back to the installer. That stuff is covered forever by DEI, and it's worth having it looked at.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the one that is currently being tested that will be for sale shortly for those here on the EOC is a DEI brand. it will be totally DIY you will just need an extra key that starts the truck for each vehicle that you will not be able to use as it is buried in the dash and it simulates a key being in the ign.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I currently use the viper remote start...its got a remote/pager with a screen on it that shows where ur vehicle is being hit or broken into or whatever..

I MAINLY use it for the starting of the AC here in So cal...and on those feel good nights I like to start it up..jam to some music..freak out some peeps...rob a bank and make a quick getaway...no im just playin bout the music..

I forgot to mention..the range on these things are crazy...my remote has since broken..but still works auto starts and locks just fine.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
that is a common problem with "2way" remotes. they havent found a way to make them very durable yet, and they have been around for quite some time now. dont get me wrong, they have come along way from the viper 790, cause every customer we had with one back when they came out would be back in 6 months with it broken. but that is why the remote starters you see comming on factory vehicles now are not 2way. they want to be sure it at least lasts the waranty period before breaking so the customer has to pay to fix it rather than get one on thier dime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts