Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok gang I stopped by a dealer on my way home today and saw something that changed my life.

Have you seen the removable cooler center console for the 2009 EX Element.
I absolutely love it.
I came back and started doing research but could not find anybody selling it.

Does anybody have any ideas or info on this item?
Will they make it in Grey, I've only seen photos of it in Black?
Could I purchase one and install it in my 03 EX?

I have a 2003 EX and really want to add this to my truck. I may have to cut the rubber mat in back to fit once I have it installed, but I think it will be worth it.

Photo Link

·
Registered
859 Posts
anyone have any idea how hard it would be to replace the floor console in my lx with this? i go on roadtrips alot and it would be nice to have a place to keep cold soda so i dont have to pay inflated prices for it on the road.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Please keep me posted I want to do the same for my '08 EX. I haven't seen an '09 in person yet to check it out. The photos from the honda web site make me wonder what they did with the E-brake, unless it's still there and you just can't see it from the photos. I like this also because might keep my dachshunds in the back or make it easier for them to climb to the front seat and most dog nets are too high. So this is a 2-1 feature for me!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
:sad:I posted in another thread that its over $400 dollars in parts.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
400 new yea. but wait a little and they have it on ebay like the sc console. i predicting $100 since the sc console is 250 and that includes the ebarke system and subwoofer. the ebrake looks unchange for the 09

·
Registered
848 Posts
400 new yea. but wait a little and they have it on ebay like the sc console. i predicting $100 since the sc console is 250 and that includes the ebarke system and subwoofer. the ebrake looks unchange for the 09
They may of had a starting bid of $250, but the ones I bid, or watched
ended close to $500 or more.:-|

·
Registered
859 Posts
i wonder how much the cooler itself is, i know i can find a way to attach it to my floor console for far less then $400

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
depends on the demand at a particular time. i have seen the console sell at $150.00 like a year ago and 250 like 6 months ago. it was one of those things that i wanted but didn't. wnated a center console but in the e...lol

·
Registered
848 Posts
depends on the demand at a particular time. i have seen the console sell at $150.00 like a year ago and 250 like 6 months ago. it was one of those things that i wanted but didn't. wnated a center console but in the e...lol
I guess I'll keep watching for one then, I'll been told by someone else
they may not sell as well because of the economy. So I might get lucky.:)
My opinion, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, the SC console is
cooler then the cooler.:cool:

Added note, for people who might thinking of a 09 LX, all they would
need to buy to upgrade to the EX console is to buy the cooler.
The lower part is the same for LX and EX.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like that rubbermaid cooler! Its the right price too. I wonder if it would fit between the front seats?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For those of you who are looking for the OEM cooler check out this site.

http://www.bernardiparts.com

You are able to pull up the part schematics for both 2003 and 2009.
Comparing the underside bracket, it looks like they are identical but the 2009 version has some different mounts for the cooler portion.

They also sell the parts pretty cheap so this project will cost about $265.41.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am also interested if the cooler console will fit in my '08 LX. Since it seems that only EX's can use the SC console upgrade, this is an option.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
what do you mean by ex only can use sc console? I think one with no arm rest is best for the upgrade.less holes to cover.

·
Registered
594 Posts
what do you mean by ex only can use sc console? I think one with no arm rest is best for the upgrade.less holes to cover.
I noticed that only EX owners were doing the SC console install. Does the SC console work with an LX?:confused:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts