Honda Element Owners Club banner

Removal of passenger seat

1895 Views 29 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  pounce
I took the passenger seat out of my 2008 Element without knowing you should disconnect the battery first. I plan on leaving the seat out. Is this going to cause problems with the drivers side airbags?
Thanks for any help on this.
1 - 2 of 30 Posts
I’m new to posting here. I’ve owned only E’s since 2004. Now prepping my 2010 for a 2 month road trip. Here’s a pic under the passenger seat. There are 7 connectors, 4 of which have to be released to free the seat from the wiring harness coming from the floor. From left to right, connectors 1,2,5, & 7. Does only one of those connectors need to be tricked into thinking the seat is still there? If so, which one? I am keenly interested in Chop_E’s bypass adapter.

Attachments

See less See more
Prior to considering removal of the passenger seat, I folded the seat back as far as it will go and slid it as far back as possible. I bought a twin bed frame from IKEA and cut it down to 25” width. It’s pretty comfy but I do give up a lot of potential storage with the passenger seat under the bed. Hence, my interest in Chop_E’s bypass. Here’s a pic of my work in progress.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 2 of 30 Posts