Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im getting ready to install my train horn, and really need to know hot to get under the circled area.

I really do not want to take out the entire center console, but if i have to i guess i will. If I do need to remove the center console, could someone post a link to a guide? I really did spend some time searching for a guide to do this, but came up dry.

Thanks,
WIlliam

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Unfortunately, the cover over the sub is the first piece on, so in order to get it off, you would be required to remove the rest of the console. :neutral:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thats bad news, is there a guide anywhere that has some pictures of removing the console? Or a page of the service manual maybe.:-x

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Drat! If that was an EX instead of an SC, all you need to do is grab the top of the console and pull up on one end, then slide off. The housing around the subwoofer is held on with those two buttons at the bottom which release by pushing the button's center -IN- to release and then pulling them out.

Word of caution: Underneath the center console bolted to the metal floor are some delicate electronics that you DON'T want to mess with - airbag trigger. Someone check me on this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, that's the problem. Through literally hours of searching I haven't found any posts about it. It probably has something to do with sc not being a search term. But if you could post a link to one I'd be eternally grateful! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i really cant wait, I'm posting a really in depth guide of installing it too!:D

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Serious? I dunno. There's some sort of big sensor under the center console fastened to the sheet metal that looks like an airbag trigger. Nobody else has mentioned it or said if they know if it is or isn't.

There's a video on youtube of someone who put a boat horn and an air tank in the back of a scion (I think). He opens the rear hatch and blows it at a docked ship. He stands outside while it's going off. Glass does not break. Airbags do not go off. He's not driving on a road and can't startle other drivers and cause accidents. But he looks really cool on youtube.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts