Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good way to remove the Element and "H" emblems on the rear door without leaving residue?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take some floss or fishing line and put it behind the H, then pull while making a sawing motion. You'll cut right though the glue. Then use some goo-gone (the orange kind with the spray pump on the bottle) and that'll remove the extra crud. Be sure attach the H to some part of your clothing, you'll be the envy of everyone.

=)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I took mine off the day I took delivery. Didn't need the GooGone at all. I just wiggled a string under the edge of the emblem, and pulled slowly but firmly.

Maybe I had it easy as it had been in the sun for a few hours, but if you give it steady pressure, the tape will pull off the E, leaving no residue at all.

You could probably get the same effect warming it up with a hair dryer beforehand. Just make sure you get it warm enough to release, but not so hot that it melts and gets all gooey.

Not having the emblems will certainly increase the "what's that thing?" looks you get.

eKennedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts