Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to remove the center console that is between the front seats (you know, where the parking brake is). I need to temporarily remove it so I can wire up some additional power outlets, but for the life of me I don't see any screws or anything holding the center console down?!?

Any Suggestions? Thanks!
Eric

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
To remove, pull up on the front lip. There are two snap fasteners (door-panel type). The rear has hooks underneath the flooring - pull too hard there and they'll break.

·
Registered
388 Posts
yeah, the center panel is probably one of the easiest palstic parts of the E to remove.

just take something flat (i.e. paint scraper or credit card or something similar)slide it under the front portion somewhere and pull up!

currently i run my speaker wires and RCA cables through there to my aftermarket amp

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Lower center console removal

I just posted in my steering wheel cover post also but how do I remove the center console that is on the floor that the parking break is in? I dropped the needle to thread my steering wheel cover one and if it's easy enough to remove would just like to do that rather then searching for a new needle. Do I just pull it out? I don't see any screws. I'm guessing there are clips.
HELP!!!
L.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Re: Lower center console removal

SRLNCLT said:
I just posted in my steering wheel cover post also but how do I remove the center console that is on the floor that the parking break is in? I dropped the needle to thread my steering wheel cover one and if it's easy enough to remove would just like to do that rather then searching for a new needle. Do I just pull it out? I don't see any screws. I'm guessing there are clips.
HELP!!!
L.
You need to either push it towards the front of the E or the back of the E. But it goes in one of those directions and then lifts right up. I think I've read it only moves about 1/2-3/4" to release it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
304 Posts

I just installed a power outlet there last weekend. You need to pull the front
straight up. The front uses those plastic fasteners that are often used to
attach door panels. Then slide it forward.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Thanks for your help. It does just pop right out and I found the needle. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
L.

·
656 Posts
How to remove the center console?

I spilt some Starbux Mocha down the Parking Brake hole, and I want to clean it out. How do I remove the center console? It looks like its supposed to snap out?

Has anyone removed this before? Where did you press to pop it out?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Re: How to remove the center console?

Under the front lip of the center console you will find a slot - maybe two? - that is big enough for a screwdriver blade. Stick one in there and either pull up or twist the screwdriver. You'll release two clips that are at the front of the console that hold it in place. It will then just pull off. The back end of the console is held in place by two plastic hooks. It will take you all of a minute to remove the console.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Removing Center Consol?

Does anyone know how to remove the center consol? Does it just pop out or do you have to cut it? I am not sure either way, any advice?:p

Thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
48 Posts
Snap, crackle . . .

pop. In my 03, it pops out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was able to slide mine out by pushing it toward the front of the car. Once released, it just lifts out. (Be prepared for all the gunk you'll find under there...)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Make sure you buy extra popper thingies before you take it out. You're going to break some, no matter how much you try not to. It's just a given.

The one by the handbrake pops out by pulling the forward part up, and then sliding it out.

The dash trim? Use a screwdriver (wrap tape around the tip) and put them in the slots just above the AC controls. Pop the bezel out, and then...well...I'm not sure, really. I think it all just pops out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks guys, I am just starting to get ideas about a new center consol, probably just like the one neil james just did, by far the best design I have seen in a while and better than what I can come up with. I will let you know the process.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Can you remove the center console cup holder piece?

I have a 2003 Element and I was cleaning the floor the other day. I noticed some dirt down where the emergency brake handle enters the center console/cup holder plastic piece.

I was wondering if this piece can be removed? I am sure it can be, for servicing, but I don't want to damage it. I found a small slot, near the driver's seat. It looks like you could insert a screwdriver in it.

So, does anyone know if this piece can be removed, and how?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Yes, it can, and is fairly simple. I dont remember right now, but someone will tell you very soon... And welcome to the EOC! :) I think you slide, then pull up...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, what you do is raise the e-brake. Then, get a good grip where the e-brake once was and pull back and up and viola! It can be done in one swift motion.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts