Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Element last October. It's a 2003, blue with gray panels (obviously). When I bought the E, the previous owner had really scratched up the front passenger side a few times. I think they skimmed a concrete post a few times.

Anyway, I really want to paint the things, and I've been reading only good things about Krylon Fusions and I'm pretty much set on that (probably just flat Black) I was wondering, for those who have painted their elements, should I attempt to remove the panels to paint them, or just tape off the car without mercy. Keeping in mind I don't have a garage, but I long driveway and about a week's worth of sunny weather.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Forever Black works fairly well on covering up alot of blemishes and scratches...if the are pretty deep, you will have darker scratches, as it won't fill them in, just make them harder to see....

But some ppl have had bad experiences with it - it's really blotchy, and doesn't cover well. I've found that if there is any residue from any type or protectorate or anything like that, then the forever black won't adhere well.

The down side of course is hat it has to be re-applied at least once a year...but I think it's easier to reapply forever black, then repaint the panels...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts