Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to purchase a GOOD snow brush or broom to keep in the Element to remove the inevitable NY snow.

Been reading and researching on line ( too much as usual ) and leaning towards a Sno-Brum or Hopkins 60 inch broom # 80037.

Does anyone have any suggestions on either one of these two highly recommended devices ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
have the snow broom. it has the extension handle that slides when you need that extra length, but I am one of those people that dont remove the snow off the roof. shame on me :)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Yup, I've used one of these ever since I got the E.

Compact and functional. I even have one for my car now even though I don't need to reach as much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have two that I use.
-->A Generic Handheld Ice Scraper with metal "business end", that I keep stored between my driver's seat and the parking break.
This is great for mirrors, and compact to store.

-->A Hoppy 60" Monster Brush that I bought last year when I was still driving the Company Van.
I purchased it at Advance Auto Parts for 15 bucks.
I like the Hoppy, it is Very Heavy Duty, and because the brush end pivots 90 degrees to turn into a push/pull broom which is great for roofs, and for directing the fallen snow to one side of the driveway.
There are Ice Chippers that are built into the side of the blade too.

I've had soo many cheap ones over the years, and this one should last many seasons.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Monster Brush

I have two that I use.
-->A Generic Handheld Ice Scraper with metal "business end", that I keep stored between my driver's seat and the parking break.
This is great for mirrors, and compact to store.

-->A Hoppy 60" Monster Brush that I bought last year when I was still driving the Company Van.
I purchased it at Advance Auto Parts for 15 bucks.
I like the Hoppy, it is Very Heavy Duty, and because the brush end pivots 90 degrees to turn into a push/pull broom which is great for roofs, and for directing the fallen snow to one side of the driveway.
There are Ice Chippers that are built into the side of the blade too.

I've had soo many cheap ones over the years, and this one should last many seasons.
Unortho,

That 60 inch monster looks really good, I am going to give it a shot!

You must be as anal as I am. I also have ordered a BRASS tipped windshield scrapper since I had ones years ago and it was the best ever. I could never again find one until last week when I was searching on line and came up with what appears to be a great product and I found it at the autogeek store.

Thanks very much for the reply, I appreciate your input!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
This is what I use. It is called the Arctic Plow by Subzero (Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation).

ArcticPlowSubzero.jpg

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sno-brum

I've used the sno-brum for 10 years (still the original). Works very well in cleaning the snow off the vehicle in just a few swipes. I clean my roof off every time it snows and it takes me less then 5 mins. to clean the entire vehicle off. All my co workers just stare in amazement when I'm done (roof and all) and they barely started the process :-D.

They make great presents too! Gave my neighbor one for X-mas last year and he cleaned my car off after every snow storm just because it was so easy and fun to do with the sno-brum :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sno-brum

I've used the sno-brum for 10 years (still the original). Works very well in cleaning the snow off the vehicle in just a few swipes. I clean my roof off every time it snows and it takes me less then 5 mins. to clean the entire vehicle off. All my co workers just stare in amazement when I'm done (roof and all) and they barely started the process :-D.

They make great presents too! Gave my neighbor one for X-mas last year and he cleaned my car off after every snow storm just because it was so easy and fun to do with the sno-brum :)
Lorrie, I did research this on line and it does have nothing but good reviews so I may have to get one of these as well. Two cars, should have at least two good snow brooms.

Thanks for the info !

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Until that block of ice from the roof hits the hood and dents it.:grin: I use a soft broom and scraper for the windows. Works great. Or just drive quick and watch it blow off into the car behind you.:grin:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
drive real fast hit brakes

Is that not the reason you are driving something other than an Element ??

Oh, It's the last 2 words in that Sentence That I didn't see! :grin:

Dom

1 - 20 of 45 Posts