Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of the run around. The 2nd insurance adjuster came to do his estimate monday.
same repair facility I got my estimate 2 months ago.

I said to the dude that I would use the Honda dealer when he asked what shop i would use. (a few miles from my house). I got an estimate April 26 and sent it to the adjuster Lisa who I have been emailing and trying to call and resolve this for 5 months.

1 QUARTER PANEL
2 * Repl RT Cladding LX 74410SCVA00ZB 1 165.73 0.0
3 REAR LAMPS
4 * Repl LKQ RT Tail lamp LX, EX +25%
Note: BROWNS SALVAGE / BOMOSEEN 3501SCVA01 1 68.75
VT / 800-660-4290 QUOTE #607196

5 REAR BUMPER
6 O/H bumper assy 1.9
7 ** Repl A/M Bumper cover all 04715SCVA80ZC 239.00 Incl. 0.0
SUBTOTALS 473.48

ESTIMATE TOTALS
Category Basis Rate Cost $
Parts 473.48
Body Labor 2.8 hrs @ $ 48.00 /hr 134.40
Subtotal 607.88
Sales Tax $ 473.48 @ 6.0000 % 28.41

Total Cost of Repairs 636.29
Deductible 0.00
Total Adjustments 0.00

the estimate Honda gave me in person was $831 same Dealer shop.
the bumper cover 298 same part number as the adjuster
the tail light 216 same part number as adjuster
cladding 165 same part number as adjuster

as you see the first estimate, the insurance company dude listed to get the tail light from the junk yard. Heck, I was going to do that because they are being such jerks and causing me great distress. I was at the point that I was going to just do it myself. I have been to a few junk yards in my life. I have changed tail lights before.

How hard is the rear cladding?

Why are they trying to mess with me?
They want me to pay 500 deductible but I was hit from behind.
When I called a supervisor last week he checked the computer and said my case was closed. How could that be since I just emailed the photos and info for the 2nd time to Lisa last week. I sent her the estimate I got 2 months ago.

is there no justice.. honesty and good business sense left?
I have been with this insurance co for over 10 years, it may be 15 and they can't fix my car for $800. I was told to call the other drivers company. Do their job. for them? I tried at least 10 times and I can't get through the phone prompts.
it says unusual call volume and try again later and it hangs up on me.

I don't think my company ever got through to the other and are just telling me it was denied...I have no paper or proof they filed with the other drivers insurer.
is it cheeper on payroll if they just tell you denied and just pay out $136 on a low estimate and charge me more at the dealer of 800...WTF

Is every company just trying to scam you and make your life hell? Banks, insurance, fees, licenses, taxes, dealers, geesh, I want out.

it is harder sometimes with technology to talk to anyone and my claim and resolution to it is in the vapor. i am so fed up ans distressed, can't you tell?
I pay insurance, i am their customer and they are ignoring me and causing this to linger in my life, I am in their clutch. Every day I deal with these people. it's hell. I feel like I want to sue them for distress. maybe a class action. Cll 60 minutes. It's just wrong.
I'll go to the junk yard and take a look.

Time to write to the attorney general, state insurance board..call someone tomorrow. It is taking way too much of my time but it is the principal now.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Which insurance company is this? Maybe call the person who hit you have have them you will be taking them to small claims court unless their insurance company gets on the ball.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It can be very frustrating dealing with insurance issues. A couple of observations:

Whenever you go through your own insurance for any type of claim ( regardless of who was at fault), YOUR deductible will apply initially. Your company will then try to go and subrogate against the insurance company of the party that hit you. It can take months depending on the circumstances. In the meantime, you are out your deductible.

Regarding your estimate differences, are the differences in the cost of parts? Most insurance companies reserve the right to use "aftermarket, used, OEM equivalent, or recycled" parts in a repair. I'd bet your dealer is quoting all new OEM parts.

You might want to go to another body shop just to get a better perspective on the estimate cost.

Hopefully your day will improve, and good luck!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't see the issue. Insurance says one price, dealer says another. Dealer does the work bills the insurance for the excess, this is the way insurance company's work for everything. You shouldn't have a deductible, the insurance should pursue the other drivers insurance for that.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't see the issue. Insurance says one price, dealer says another. Dealer does the work bills the insurance for the excess, this is the way insurance company's work for everything. You shouldn't have a deductible, the insurance should pursue the other drivers insurance for that.
You would think, but it doesn't quite work that way.

Insurer will only pay for "authorized" repairs and at an agreed upon cost. That is why they want to see and estimate the damage themselves first. The exception to this is where they use an "approved" shop. These shops have an agreement with the insurer on labor costs and how they will handle a repair, so as a result, an adjuster from the company does not have to see the damage first. They then agree to the amount that shop is charging.

As far as the deductible, it always applies up front, when you go through your company, regardless of fault. Then your insurance company goes after the other carrier and tries to get it back for you. It might only take a week or two, but could be months or never, depending on the circumstances.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Dave is pretty much on the money. You get hit, your insurance recommends where to go, you get the estimate and you go after the other parties insurance to get your deductible back. Both insurance companies are trying to fix your car as cheaply as possible.

The estimate you listed there calls for a junkyard light and aftermarket bumper. The dealer price is probably for new Honda parts and their labor rate.

·
Registered
962 Posts
You do not have to use "where the insurance tells you to go." You can take your car anywhere you want. I got reared by a car back in 2003. I took my car in to get fixed and never paid a deductible. If I took my E to a Cadillac bodyshop (which I could if I wanted), USAA would pay whatever Cadillac wanted to charge to fix my vehicle, using OEM parts with a higher labor cost.

Sorry, you said "recommend."

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up date, after complaining to the State insurance board I found out why the other drivers insurer would not pay.
I found out that the driver that hit me has not replied to his insurer. This is why his carrier can't accept liability. He is ghosting them. I would have to take him to small claims. F that. I have no more time in my life for this crap.

So I think I will just order the tail light and put it in so I can get my E inspected by the 1st of the month and let the small tear on the cladding and bumper just be what it is for now.

I can't afford the $400 deductible right now. The body shop said they can work with my insurance company and resolve the $200 discrepancy between the quotes. Still I don't have $400 to shell out.

Where is the best place to buy the tail light? I see them as cheap as $68 on line.
thanks
Diane

·
Registered
227 Posts
Up date, after complaining to the State insurance board I found out why the other drivers insurer would not pay.
I found out that the driver that hit me has not replied to his insurer. This is why his carrier can't accept liability. He is ghosting them. I would have to take him to small claims. F that. I have no more time in my life for this crap.

So I think I will just order the tail light and put it in so I can get my E inspected by the 1st of the month and let the small tear on the cladding and bumper just be what it is for now.

I can't afford the $400 deductible right now. The body shop said they can work with my insurance company and resolve the $200 discrepancy between the quotes. Still I don't have $400 to shell out.

Where is the best place to buy the tail light? I see them as cheap as $68 on line.
thanks
Diane
Genuine Honda will be $ 125 and up for used at an auto salvage yard. Online retailer like Rockauto will be $ 70 and up for aftermarket assemblies. Up to you and your budget and if you want OEM.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry to hear about the stress with insurance. I have replaced my rear bumper and chose the 06 OEM black bumper instead of my original gray. It looks much better than before in my opinion. I bought the rear bumper cover from Honda for about $90 and paid someone a $100 to take the old one off. I tried to do it myself but because I have a tow hitch and the tabs are on the inside I gave up after nearly causing un-doable damage out of frustration.
In regards to the tail lights I have replaced both. I paid $150 for one because I wanted to replace it immediately. The second one I bought on Amazon for a very low price because the OEM one was merely cracked and I could wait.
When looking at the rear end I really can't tell a difference.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hi guys, how are you? Since I had a problem with insurance for several cars (which I own), however, if you want, you can look at different articles or forums for information about it. Also, because I am interested in this topic, there are high-quality and inexpensive services that offer quick documentation and less than $ 1000 per year. By the way on one of the forums I found a site which offers similar services.
_

Here is a link https://www.cheapautoinsurance.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts