Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for a high pitch noise coming from the air being on, and an engine light issue. Driver window also goes up, then back down when I try and use the auto feature.

Engine light was attributed to my Injen CAI, and the blower motor was replaced because it was beginning to fail. They also replaced my front struts because they were leaking.

I forgot to mention the window issue when I was there, any ideas on what that problem is? I am guessing it is the switch. I am gonna try and swing it by tomorrow and hopefully if it needs repairs, it will fall under the same warranty claim to keep me from paying the deductible again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It may seem like a strange question... But does the window issue only happen when it's raining/snowing/just washed the car?

I have this same issue in my E. When it rains, my rubber gasket around the window gets stickier, therefore catching the window halfway up.

The window has a built in safety feature to automatically stop/go back down when there is pressure applied to the window while it is going up. This is to prevent fingers/arms/other vital appendages from getting lopped off by the window :)

Your window is most likely stopping due to the slight catch while you are attempting to roll up the window :oops:

I've learned to live with it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may seem like a strange question... But does the window issue only happen when it's raining/snowing/just washed the car?

I have this same issue in my E. When it rains, my rubber gasket around the window gets stickier, therefore catching the window halfway up.

The window has a built in safety feature to automatically stop/go back down when there is pressure applied to the window while it is going up. This is to prevent fingers/arms/other vital appendages from getting lopped off by the window :)

Your window is most likely stopping due to the slight catch while you are attempting to roll up the window :oops:

I've learned to live with it.
I live in a desert, I see rain once every few months. I think it has happened when it was dry, and worked fine today after it rained. I didn't know they had that feature. I will clean up the channel and see if that helps. When it has happened, I have tried it again right after and it has worked fine. Just curious if there is something mechanical. Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When using the auto feature, my driver's window would go up and then 1/2 way back down. I replaced the window regulator/motor and problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts