Honda Element Owners Club banner

Replaced Battery, now no audio?!

11K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Yoda E SC 
#1 ·
My 05 Element battery died over the weekend. I jumped it and everything seemed fine. I entered the anti-theft code and the radio appeared to come on but no audio at all. I needed a new battery so I took it to my local Honda dealer and they said they had no idea why the audio wasn't working. Had never seen anything like it. The radio comes on. Satellite radio display works, it recognizes and plays CD's but absolutely no audio. According to Honda, I need to send it for repairs which will take up to four weeks and cost $275. Anyone out there seen this sort of thing before?

#2 ·
My 05 Element battery died over the weekend. I jumped it and everything seemed fine. I entered the anti-theft code and the radio appeared to come on but no audio at all. I needed a new battery so I took it to my local Honda dealer and they said they had no idea why the audio wasn't working. Had never seen anything like it. The radio comes on. Satellite radio display works, it recognizes and plays CD's but absolutely no audio. According to Honda, I need to send it for repairs which will take up to four weeks and cost $275. Anyone out there seen this sort of thing before?

Welcome to the EOC scooter.

Did you or the dealer check the fuses? I would say that a fuse likely blew when you jumped it.

Check fuse number 7 under the dash. It is for the amp. If the radio comes on and you don't have sound i am aiming towards no power to the amp....

#6 ·
Similar issue, it's not the fuse

Hey. I have a 2003 ex with a factory system with a sub, and for no particular reason today sound stopped coming out of the amp/speakers. I didn't have a power problem, although I did open and close the hood with the engine running right before it stopped working.

I checked, and fuse 7 works fine. I even replaced it to be safe, but the originAl was fine.

How do I troubleshoot this?

#14 ·
ok with no other mods to take into consideration, listen to see if only one speaker pops when you turn the radio on or if it is all of them. if you can narrow it down to one speaker then try unplugging that one (they are very easy to take out) and then try to cycle the key and see if the rest come on. it sounds like you either have a bad speaker causing the amp to go into protection or the amp has bitten the dust. the popping leads me to believe it is seeing a speaker out of the impedence range it wants it in.

#12 ·
did you add an amplifier to the factory system or are you refering to the stock one? anything else dont to the system like replacing speakers etc?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.