Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First time poster here. Just wanted to share a few pictures of my old transmission mount that was absolutely toasted. Replacement job took only about an hour and I immediately noticed huge differences in how little shaking from the engine bay there was anymore. As you can see, this mount was torn completely apart but there was no way of telling this because it’s hard to see unless you take at least the battery out. Definitely worth investigating if you feel shaking a lot when you accelerate from stop or when you shift into drive or reverse.

Hand Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Finger Tread

Glove Road surface Personal protective equipment Safety glove Strap

Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Electric blue

Art Metal Fashion accessory Personal protective equipment Auto part

Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Nut Auto part

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,799 Posts
Welcome to the EOC thetimn8or! :)

Right on; that mount is absolutely toasted.

Glad to hear you got it replaced without hassle.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element AWD EX 4AT "Galapagos Green Metallic"
305 Posts
Reminds me that I need to look into my mounts. I've had a bunch of shaking when accelerating but I always attributed that to the fact that I never got an alignment done after working on my suspension last year (haven't had the time or money).

·
Registered
333 Posts
My E got so bad that it sounded like "grinding" when I hit the throttle hard, and during acceleration it "pulsed" {I assume the looseness of the tranny mount allowed the left front driveshaft to pivot around itself, or something like that, LOL}.

I felt the passenger side mount was in good shape, so I purchased the other three {transmission mount, front mount, and rear mount. The tranny mount came in first so I installed it, and in the process determined the other two were OK right now so I sent them back.

The "grinding" is gone and so is the "pulsing' during moderate acceleration. I am a happy camper.

P.S. Mine was so much worse than yours, the EARS were all damaged and the front one was almost non-existent, I think the metal on the mount itself had "ground down" the protective EAR and was touching the main mount under strong acceleration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My E got so bad that it sounded like "grinding" when I hit the throttle hard, and during acceleration it "pulsed" {I assume the looseness of the tranny mount allowed the left front driveshaft to pivot around itself, or something like that, LOL}.

I felt the passenger side mount was in good shape, so I purchased the other three {transmission mount, front mount, and rear mount. The tranny mount came in first so I installed it, and in the process determined the other two were OK right now so I sent them back.

The "grinding" is gone and so is the "pulsing' during moderate acceleration. I am a happy camper.

P.S. Mine was so much worse than yours, the EARS were all damaged and the front one was almost non-existent, I think the metal on the mount itself had "ground down" the protective EAR and was touching the main mount under strong acceleration.
Wow that’s sounds crazy bad! I could barely stand how mine drove as it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts