Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a great replacement for the front armrest. I got the larger Vector fridge and it seems to be just the right size and height with a split padded lid. It does cover my parking brake, but I can still grab it in a hurry if needed. (I don't need a parking brake very much in the salt grass plains of southeast Texas :D )

It pushes out of the way nicely too, and does not lurch around at all.

I will post a picture later.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rear ones are very shallow, the front ones seat nicely.

However, they are the smaller size, holding can, bottles, or the narrow cups.

If I want to use stadium size, I can still reach the larger holder in the lower console.

(BTW - I don't use the larger size holders. And the unit was only $55 at Target.)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I went with an aftermarket console for about the same price as the honda storage arm rest. I think it matches the interior. Only problem is that I would like it a little further forward.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Great, thanks. I may have to look into it. You said it does not come too far forward? Does it cover the cup holders in the floor of the E?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yes it cover the exsisting cup holders. If you go to my site the pictures are a bit better. The console is made by Bestop and was 189.00 cdn. It is avialable with a power outlet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
boneheadz,

Do you have a link to your site, I didnt see any signature with it or maybe I missed it in another post.

SPACE E and boneheadz, thanks for the tips!

-Dave

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I got it at a local 4x4 shop that specializes in Jeep. Its made by bestop. I slipped some nylon straps with buckles under the exisisting console then fed the end into the new console and tightened. Worked great. I plan to raise it 3 inches. I will mount a plastic box to the elements console with the straps then screw the bestop to the box. It was expensive, but I wanted something that match the interior. It also comes in light grey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts