Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced all the stock speakers with 6.5 after market speakers. The sound comes out normal at the begining but after a while the speakers go out of sound and only the Subwoofer works. PLEASE HELP.

On the driver side speaker there are four wires to be inputed into the new speaker while the other 3 speakers have only two wires could this be the problem.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Make sure none of the speaker connections are making contact with the metal of the door frame.

> On the driver side speaker there are four wires to be inputed into the
> new speaker while the other 3 speakers have only two wires
You mean there are two connectors, each with a pair of wires? That's normal.

Per factory diagram:

Left front speaker
(+) green/black
(-) green

Right front
(+) green/yellow
(-) blue/yellow

Left rear
(+) blue/white
(-) blue/black

Right rear
(+) pink
(-) blue/yellow

The new speakers are 4 ohms, yes?

Relevant threads:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14634
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42074

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm sorry your speakers are impotent. Maybe they have performance anxiety? :razz:

I also noticed 4 wires leading into the speaker plug on the drivers door while all other speakers only have 2 wires. Why is that?

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
On the driver's side, the tweeter wires run all the way down to the door to make their connections. The tweeters on the passenger's side are wired the same way electrically, but the physical connection is closer to the amplifier (or even at the amplifier). No remote tweeters in the rear, so just two wires per side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i replace my stock door speakers with new ones.. but i bought some factory speaker adapters so i didnt' have to cut them and they sound fine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts