Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. I recently purchased a 2011 EX Steering Wheel with Audio Controls/Cruise Control to replace my 2007 LX Steering Wheel with Cruise Control Only. I am installing a Pioneer Appradio and have purchased the Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control. I have been researching this online but can't seem to figure out which or if I need to replace the Clock Spring and then how to wire the Axxess between the Steering Wheel And Pioneer to drive the Audio Controls. I know that some of you have pulled this off and I was hoping you can give me some guidance as to what exactly I will need to get this done. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
you need to replace the clock spring... however i'm not 100% sure if the plug behind the clock spring will fit the new one. i bought the parts but have yet to pull off my steering wheel. please let me know what you find! i won't be able to attempt this until after july 4th weekend. and for the record i cant' remember anyone actually doing this

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing 2007 LX Steering Wheel

Thank you for your response! Here are a few pictures of my 2011 Steering Wheel w/ Audio Controls. The harness was attached when purchased. I'm still confused as if I would need to purchase a 2011 Clock Spring (if it is compatible with a 2007) or if I should purchase a 2007 EX Clock Spring and swap out the harness. The wheel and connections looks to be the same besides the Cruise Control buttons being changed. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts