Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
We know what you are talking about. We stopped at the dealer, yesterday, to look at a used car for a family member and the salesman kept trying to sell us a new E. We told him the new seats are too darned hard, so he tried them out himself. He got into the new one and then sat his butt in our old one. His reply: you're right.

Never did a seat swap in an E, but imagine it wouldn't be a hard one. The seat belt mount would be the trickiest.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I think it was 2007 that Honda changed the entire seat structure to have the belt built into the seat, and not on the rear door. Keep in mind that because of this change, it was a structural re-engineer on the entire frame design and strength of the E around the seat. I remember that the engineers at the East Liberty plant made the comment that the hardest redesign they had to make on the E since 2003 was the seat/seatbelt redesign in 2007.

So, anything 2007 and up should be designed for the swap you are thinking about, 2006 and before, not for you!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Yes, the 4 bolts that hold the seats down should be the same with all model year Elements. The biggest issue you will have will be the airbags. I highly doubt that you will be able to get the airbags to work in the seats from the older Element in the new Element. If you went with a seat without the side airbags then you will need to figure out how to disable the airbag light that will be on all the time with the 2010 seats not being there.

As to the shoulder belt mounting on the doors, if you were to pop off the plastic panel on the rear door I am certain that the threaded hole is still there for the shoulder belt. If that isn't there then you can't go with a non-integrated belt setup.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be possible to replace the 2010 front seats with a previous model's?
Thats on my list of things to do...see my thread the Disliked 2010.
I did some exploratory surgery to the floor around my 2010 seats.

There is the fresh air vent tunnel under both seats you with have to deal with as well as a raised metal 'dog house' directly under the passenger seat.

I looked at everything more closely today. I'm just going to leave the passenger seat alone for now.
The drivers seat has two - 2 inch metal posts under the front giving it the extra height.
I'm going to remove the seat, cut off the posts and mounting bracket, weld a new mounting tab on and re install.
I will have to trim the plastic valence on the outside section where the height adjuster knob is.
May also trim rear mounting tabs to lower uniformly.
That should bring height back down to 2003-2006 seat height.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I looked at everything more closely today. I'm just going to leave the passenger seat alone for now.
The drivers seat has two - 2 inch metal posts under the front giving it the extra height.
I'm going to remove the seat, cut off the posts and mounting bracket, weld a new mounting tab on and re install.
I will have to trim the plastic valence on the outside section where the height adjuster knob is.
May also trim rear mounting tabs to lower uniformly.
That should bring height back down to 2003-2006 seat height.
Don't forget the pictures...! Thanks...!

LBD

PS: Your 2010 color should be PMM not GGM...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts