Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dog decided today he didn't want to be left alone in the car and let us know by tearing the black rubber weather stripping stuff off on both the backseat windows and chewing through one of the back seat belts. So pleased!

I'm wondering if these things can be fairly easily replaced DIY or better done by a professional? Comfort level is at projects like replacing side mirror and adding a roof rack and mud flaps...

(Part 2 of my question would be: What's the weather stripping part called? I found the seat belt replacement on Majestic Honda, but I can seem to identify the weather stripping part on their site.)

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
"Seal, R. access panel glass," Honda p/n 73441-SCV-A01ZA (No. 9 in illustration below), list $22, online $16
"Seal, L. access panel glass," 73481-SCV-A01ZA (No. 14), same price

Replacing the seat belt requires removing some garnish but otherwise should be straightforward.

Not sure about the weatherstripping, but get a trim tool set, take off any garnish that's in the way, and see what it takes to remove what's left of the old weatherstripping. That should help guide you on installing the new. Potentially helpful photos in this post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts