Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Element (2003, private sale) and had it inspected by a mechanic before I got it. All that was wrong was worn front sway bar links and bushings.

I bought the links and was going to just swap these out myself, and I'm wondering if I am risking screwing up my steering at all or anything else.

Once I get this up on stands, I am assuming there is no pressure and I can simply swap out the links. This looks pretty straight forward, but I'm unsure.

Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls I need to know about. I would give my mechanical ability a C plus if that helps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
sway bar links

Just bought my first Element (2003, private sale) and had it inspected by a mechanic before I got it. All that was wrong was worn front sway bar links and bushings.

I bought the links and was going to just swap these out myself, and I'm wondering if I am risking screwing up my steering at all or anything else.

Once I get this up on stands, I am assuming there is no pressure and I can simply swap out the links. This looks pretty straight forward, but I'm unsure.

Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls I need to know about. I would give my mechanical ability a C plus if that helps.

Thanks!

Did you just buy stock parts or aftermarket links? I'm curious how much difference it makes, because my ride sways a bit too...

I'm changing the rear sway bars to the ST sway bars, so I hope that helps!

·
Registered
187 Posts
easiest thing to do on your car related to suspension as far as replacing parts. simple bolt on... nothing hard. i replaced my rear sway bar links within 15 minutes =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts