Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use the Road Rage amp in the same spot to drive the stock sub from an EX with an aftermarket headunit. sorry, no idea on specs.

Kinda looks like this

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
see signature, kicker 700.5 5 channel amp in the rear cargo area with kicker L5 8" custom rear console box. alot of folks on here using the alpine 5 channels and are liking them.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone try the Kenwood KAC-6104D amp???
• Mono subwoofer amplifier
• 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
• Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
• Preamp- and speaker-level inputs

alot of power to power a kicker 8inch? and the truck speakers?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I believe the Honda amp puts out 270 watts peak:

4 x 50 watts peak (18 RMS @ 4 Ohms stereo) for the door speakers
1 x 70 watts peak (40 RMS @ 2 Ohms mono) for the dual voice coil subwoofer

At the peak ratings, I'm sure that little OEM amp has very high levels of distortion.

I'd definitely recommend upgrading the amp for better sound (and the speakers, too)...you'll get a vast improvement in sound quality.

·
Registered
268 Posts
do you guys just run power to your aftermarket amp from the battery?
Yes. Always run your 12V power wire for your amp(s) direct from the battery, and fuse it within 18" of the battery connection with an inline fuse holder.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now when you put a new head unit in.. i know you use a harness to hook up to the oem harness... but what do you do to the separate subwoofer harness that consists on 4(?) wires going to the oem head unit?
what power does the head unit give out?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
now when you put a new head unit in.. i know you use a harness to hook up to the oem harness... but what do you do to the separate subwoofer harness that consists on 4(?) wires going to the oem head unit?
what power does the head unit give out?
see the sticky at the top of the mobile electronics forum for integration info. you use a cut off rca cable for that part and tie it in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts