Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Broke my passenger's side mirror backing out of the garage:

Doh!!

Since the adjustment mechanism was unharmed, I had only to order the glass itself, which comes on a plastic carrier (2 in illustration):

Majestic part 1096237, $18.28, Honda part 76203-SCV-A01 ($24.37 list).

The glass has a goopy backing that keeps shards from falling out when the thing breaks. Pretty smart! The most amazing thing, though, is how incredibly easy it was to remove the old part and install the new one.

1. Tilt mirror up to its stop
2. Grab the bottom of the plastic carrier and pull out.
3. Place two tabs near top of new carrier into slots in adjuster assembly
4. Press bottom in until it clicks into place.

The whole process requires no tools and takes about half a minute.

Maybe all modern cars are like this, but then this modern-car stuff is still a little new to me, and I keep being surprised at the ease of removing/reinstalling panels and parts on the Element. (Best not to spread this info outside the E community, as side mirror glass removal would be a very quick and easy form of theft/vandalism.)

Once again, thank you Honda!

BTW I called a glass place, and they charge twice the price of a new Honda part to replace the mirror glass in the carrier. Might make sense to order one mirror for each side to keep in stock so you don't have to drive around with a broken mirror while waiting for the new part to arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Creak.....groan......rumble.......

That is the sound of this thread being raised from the dead as I shamelessly raise my experimenter hand!

Seriously, Dan I have tried this mirror removal and I feel like I'm gonna break it! Just keep pulling and it will come out? Makes me think I need to order replacement parts before I pull again. What am I missing? Nothing wrong to fix,(yet) just looking at a different mod, if I can get the mirrors out.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Thanks for the diagram. Just one more question.... when pulling, are you pulling on just the mirror, or the mirror and the plastic mount?

Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Thanks Dan, Lizzurd, this really helps! Now if the weather improves, I'll get to work. Snow (sigh) again today.....
I think I can "pull this off" now,(har-har-har)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Passenger side miror

Hello,
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but someone just took out our passenger side mirror on our 2009 Element. I am looking for a replacement online, but I the only one I see is for models between 2003-2008. Is there any difference or will I be able to use that one? Thanks for the help in advance!

·
12,179 Posts
Hello,
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but someone just took out our passenger side mirror on our 2009 Element. I am looking for a replacement online, but I the only one I see is for models between 2003-2008. Is there any difference or will I be able to use that one? Thanks for the help in advance!

You can get it here for $95.00

http://tinyurl.com/n5g223

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply!!! I do greatly appreciate that. Apparently, it's just the glass itself that was broken. Honda's website charges $25 including shipping. I have the part numbers and am now just searching for a better price than that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply!!! I do greatly appreciate that. Apparently, it's just the glass itself that was broken. Honda's website charges $25 including shipping. I have the part numbers and am now just searching for a better price than that.
Where are you located?
Shipping could depend on the location of dealer & yours.
Find a online dealer close to you is the key for lower shipping.
Maybe update your profile so it is easier for other people to help you? ;-)

For a new right side mirror-only it is probably about $13 plus shipping.
But you may want to remove it 1st to ensure you have all other parts working to replace mirror.

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

www.hondapartsdeals.com

www.hondapartsnow.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Passenger Side Rear View Mirror

Is it possible to replace just the glass in the passenger side rear outside rear view mirror. I have a broken glass, but the rest of the mirror is ok. Motor still works, nothing cracked or broken. I know you can buy the glass, and the whole mirror assembly is very easy to replace, but can you just replace the glass.

Thanks

bob

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Is it possible to replace just the glass in the passenger side rear outside rear view mirror? I have a broken glass, but the rest of the mirror is ok. Motor still works, nothing cracked or broken. I know you can buy the glass, and the whole mirror assembly is very easy to replace, but can you just replace the glass.

Thanks

bob
Yes!

Automotive stores have replacement glass ( plastic ) mirrors. You may need to cut it to fit.

Dom

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes.

It's just glued on the gimble.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2008 Honda Element Outside Mirror Replacement

I just bought a 2008 Honda Element.
The outside right mirror is cracked. I have ordered the new right side mirror.
How do you remove the old mirror and install the new mirror.

Cactus24
Pennsylvania

1 - 20 of 23 Posts