Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had some issues with my 'oil pressure switch', and they seem to be my fault (not changing the oil with enough regularity.)

There are some serious consequences to having a faulty switch - the most notable being that the Element will lose all throttle control (although the engine remains running) above 60 mph.

Imagine you're cruising at 75 on a busy highway and your gas pedal no longer responds... you're slowing down and slowing down with a line of 18 wheelers following you.

Trust me, it's breathtaking. Not in a good way.

CHANGE YOUR OIL REGULARLY (I just had that embroidered into my wallet.)

So.

Has anyone replaced an oil pressure switch DIY?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Try this thread!

I know there is a thread with Photo's with a nice description of how to. I can't find it. I thought it was in the FAQ/How to section. But it's not.

Dom

·
Registered
1 Posts
3rd gear pressure switch (pics)

Look under April 9,2009 threads and you'll find the pics there for the 3rd gear pressure switch location. Easy job and good luck.

·
12,179 Posts
Look under April 9,2009 threads and you'll find the pics there for the 3rd gear pressure switch location. Easy job and good luck.
Welcome to the EOC CHULOPR.

To be clear Black Hole Horizon is asking about the v-tec oil pressure switch not the 3rd pressure switch on the transmission. There is a big difference.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
That won't help him! He needs the instructions for the v-tec oil pressure switch That's an entirely different animal in another Forrest!

See post # 9 in this thread!

Dom

·
Registered
12 Posts
open your hood
look at your valve cover
toward the back left and down toward the oil filter you'll find it
if you have the new part in your hand, it doesn't take a genius to find where its at.

don't overtighten it. it'll pull the threads on the solenoid body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts