Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 EX-P, 2WD 4-speed auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Element EX / P is a 2006, the present year is 2021 a.d. Just to be clear.
All the threads I've found regarding dash removal / vent control lighting are old, with missing photos / broken links / lost documents.
They were here for a time, and now relegated to the intergalactic bit bucket. With a forum as old as this, I know several ways this can happen. It is what it is.
I've had my EX / P for a year now, and the fan control (leftmost of the 3 knobs) light has always been out.
Last week, the blower fan itself has quit. I can feel the heat and the temperature change per the middle knob, but there's no fan to blow it out.
Yay!
Now I can fix both the light and the fan at the same time!
Boo!
I have no fricking clue how to start.
I have a well-developed, finely honed talent of making things MUCH harder than necessary. But I don't wanna take the time to do this in my customary, highly inefficient style.
On top of this, I have never been in the dash, or taken it apart to any degree.
But I DO want to screw a RAM mount to the top of the dash, as well, though it's not a high priority at this juncture.
Thanks to anyone willing to point me in the right direction. Should be a 20 minute job, max -- if I actually had a clue, right?
Next stop, YouTube...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your choice to go to YouTube first is good. There are videos for both getting to the controls bulbs and for the blower motor.

20 minutes sounds about right. It is very easy doing these for the Element.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, @da1510a - if we're talking less than a half hour, then the remove the dash approach is obviously not part of it.
See, I knew I would have made it harder than necessary...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stoopit fan!
All of a sudden, my MIA fan control started working again yesterday.
Like, "Hello, I'm back now. Would you like to change the vent fan speed for your cabin comfort? Go ahead - twist my dial. Want it soft? A little harder? Your wish is my command."
SO, the obvious question is, what's changed?
Uh, ...the weather? But not by much. It was damp and cold when it quit blowing, It was just frickin' COLD! when it came back to life.
I'm no master electrician (more like a slave), but I feel confident in ruling out a fuse issue.
Still need to replace its backlit bulb, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts