Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Honda has just released images of the new 2010 Accord Crosstour's interior and some details about a functional rear storage area.

Inside, the new crossover gets a familiar Accord-like look, but with a slightly thicker center console to give a more truck-like feel. As for the cargo area, it certainly looks massive (although no statistics on the exact cubic feet have been released). Underneath the cargo area floor is an 8-inch deep "Hidden Removable Utility Box." In addition, the Crosstour will get handy levers near the fender wells, allowing for the rear seatbacks to fold flat in a simple one-touch process.

"Honda has a longstanding reputation for maximizing interior space and utility in its vehicles," said Erik Berkman, vice president of corporate planning and logistics for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Like the award-winning Honda Fit, the Accord Crosstour uses a versatile design to create an interior that functions with the practicality of a larger vehicle."

The Accord Crosstour will be offered exclusively with a 3.5-liter V6 engine, which we suspect will have the same 268-hp and 248 ft-lb output as in the Accord. Both a front-drive and all-wheel drive model will be offered with sales starting in November.

More: Report: 2010 Honda Crosstour Interior Images Released on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
599 Posts
I know a lot of folks have been harsh on this design but I'm really digging it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I've been an admirer of the new Accord since it was announced but I've always struggled with the idea of buying a sedan because of the trunk being cut off from the rest of the car. Having one contiguous interior space gives more flexibility for storage and it looks like Honda has thought through how that space will be used by including the seat release handled in the cargo area and the storage bin under the floor. I also like that the rear floor doesn't have upholstery.

Having said all that, I'm not sure this will be a really successful platform. It competes in a way with the CRV and Pilot which are already positioned as the mainstream compact and midsize SUV in the lineup. I'm not clear on where they think the Crosstour slots into that. It's roughly the same size as the CRV, but it has the V6 and slightly more slicked-back styling. I don't see any options exclusive to the Crosstour which are compelling either. It has the same V6, Navi, Leather, etc... that are available in the CRV and/or Pilot.

I wish Honda the best of luck and when it comes time to trade in the E, I'll certainly be taking the Crosstour for a drive, unless of course it sells like hotcakes in which case I'll pass in the interest of not blending into the crowd :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts