Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my hunt for the perfect 'E' for me, I stumbled upon this little gem. I'm a firm believer in expression...however...this is the equivalent of a supermodel in a burka. It kinda ruins the whole "utility" part of the vehicle.

So what's the census then?

Is there anyone out there that believes this is a perfectly aesthetic adonis of Elements?

If you have pics of anything worse...please post!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's not like either has been wrecked or anything. While I personally prefer a stock appearance on my cars, I can appreciate a well-done mod / hot rod, too! I choose ElsiE because it was different, but in a good way, and had some hauling capabilities. I didn't want AWD, and I didn't get AWD 'cause I wanted the highest possible mileage, lowest possible repairs, and I am not going to go off-roading (with this ground-clearance?). Being born and raised in the snow belt, I can drive a 2wd, front or rear in the snow, thank-you-very-much! So, does this mean I am not a real E owner, too?

I love beer, and study beer (seriously- MA thesis and everything!) and people ask me somethimes what they should drink. "Whatever you enjoy." is my reply. Now I may despise Natty Light, Old Milwaukee, prefering a finely crafted IPA (Try Bell's two-hearted from Kalamazoo, MI- simply sublime...), but who am I to dictate to others what they should love and enjoy?

Part of the attraction of the E (designed in feature ad s I recall) is the relative ease of modification- whether with Factory accessories or home mods. On this board I've seen people making it into a mini-camper, trying to figure out how to make a convertible (I'd love to see that- that'll be a tough piece of work- it'll show real mechanical skill if you're able to pull it off), and even a super-hopped up drag racer- and with a vehicle this tall and unstable, that takes stones!

Personally, I wouldn't do what either of the two modifiers did to my ElsiE, but they are well done, not amateurish, with good paint and seemless blending of the mods to the stock components. I bet both owners love their Es, just as I do. In the end, that's all that counts. The E is a big box, we've got room in here for everybody!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well said Jim...

I think those E's look good, well done. Not my kind of mod for an E or suv for that matter but well done.

It takes all different types of people to make a world but only E owners to conquer it!;-)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If modding is tastefully done, then I am all for it. If it's poorly done, don't make the E suffer... just bring it back to stock.

...but it's all up to the owner, it's their E and they do as they wish.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
"...but it's all up to the owner, it's their E and they do as they wish. "

THIS STATEMENT IS THE KEY HERE!!

Now, with that said, I will break down for you the Fail in the O.P.

These are my personal opinions,

so for those of you "over emotional" or "special people" RELAX.

This is not a "personal attack" it's opinion.

1. Painted window visors FAIL
2. Wrong Offset wheels FAIL
3. Wrong Size tires (Note "stretching" of sidewalls) FAIL
4. Tinted Headlights FAIL
5. Carbon Fiber Hood (it's an element) FAIL
6. Ghetto tinted side markers FAIL
7. huge FALKEN decal across windshield FAIL (unless sponsored)
8. HUGE wheel gap UBER FAIL

again, everyone has there own taste........this "style" of modifying an element is not my taste at all, I think it's awful.

I'm sure my element is not everyone's cup of tea either. After all, it's all black & done up in an "off road" motif....... how often do I off road with it? maybe 4 times a year......... but I like how it looks, so I'm happy, Just like the owner of that kiwi is about his ride.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought this was going to be more of this sort of thing...

Not about not liking the street racer look...wonder how you'll feel about this...

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
During my hunt for the perfect 'E' for me, I stumbled upon this little gem. I'm a firm believer in expression...however...this is the equivalent of a supermodel in a burka. It kinda ruins the whole "utility" part of the vehicle.

So what's the census then?

Is there anyone out there that believes this is a perfectly aesthetic adonis of Elements?
I personally don't like the fact that as shown the vehicle isn't road-legal (any form of headlamp covers is illegal in all US states, and the front tint-is wider than would be allowed even if the Element had A-line markings, which it doesn't.) is ). I'm not sure that I understand the aesthetic behind making the hood black and the side mirrors body colored. I could see having just the roof black. Is it a refection, or are the side window visors painted?

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
All boils down to dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks.

Actually, the mods shown here portraying opposite ends of the spectrum serve to show how versatile the E can be.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hood is carbon fibre...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
without seeing the inside, I don't get how the utility was hinder by making it look like that green thing. even more so if it was 2wd and w/ oem painted panels.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
Hood is carbon fibre...
REAL carbon" fibre"? Someone spent a couple grand for a REAL carbon fiber hood? or is it as fauxny as "fibre"?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't really tell from the picture...could be faux or realz...

·
Registered
34 Posts
theres enough elements to go around...... i dont think its abused at all..... look how clean and flawless both of those are....those people put alot of time and money and take super good care of them...and thats the definition of abuse????... i dont think so.. i like how anyone can express themselves thru their elements. my element's a reflection of me...lots of people dont like it but then they probly wouldnt like me...i dont really care. my element is my baby and i treat it super good. its all in preference i guess.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i see that the others are black (or dark) which is cool, it just looks like you have a steelie or a spare on there cause you cant see the wheel pattern (5 star pattern) the others have. :) like someone jacked your wheel or something and you had to throw the spare on. guess its just the lighting.

that pic is better.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts