Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finish installing my system. i took the drivers seat out to run the wires under the floor mat. so i disconnected the seatbelt wire and the air bag wire. now the freekin air bag light stays on. when i turn the engine on. i tried to unplug the battery and reset it but no luck. does anyone have a clue on how to reset the air bag sensor?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had my work done at a stereo place. They also failed replug the sensor before reconnecting the battery. After going through all of the same attempts as you. they went to the Honda dealership where they pluged it into a computer to reset it. It took a few seconds & the dealership was nice enough not to charge for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i figured i'll have to bring it to the dealer. i was hoping maybe there was an alternitive way....

·
Registered
957 Posts
I did not need to reset the computer myself but you might consider trying these methods (in order) which are known to work with other Hondas...

1. Disconnect the negative cable on the car battery for 15 minutes. After reconnecting the light should be gone.

or...

2. With the car off hold down the trip reset button. While holding the button turn the key to run but don't start the car! Hold the button until the light flashes and then goes out (this might only work for the maintenance light).

Again, it's possible that these may not work and a trip to the dealer for a reset is necessary but it couldn't hurt to give them a try. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks eMass i called the dealer and them jokers told me it would be 75 bucks to reset the light. and it wasn't covered under warranty because it was me that unplugged the cable....

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:ab3ab339b3="burr1t0"]thanks eMass i called the dealer and them jokers told me it would be 75 bucks to reset the light. and it wasn't covered under warranty because it was me that unplugged the cable....[/quote:ab3ab339b3]

You're welcome. Please let everyone know if either of those methods worked for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I had this problem, I tried disconnecting the battery overnight with no luck.

For anyone else doing work, to avoid this problem, disconnect the battery before unplugging the sensor and remember, to reconnect the sensor plug befor reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i tried to leave the battery cable off for 15 mins but it no worky... and the reset is on the gauge bezel is only for the maintenance light. so looks like i'll have to bring it to the factory....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts