Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed my morimoto mini h1 projectors last night.
what do you guys think?
this was my 1st retro ever :-D

*pictures taken with my iphone*

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Very nice, but, you didn't talk about installation at all - how difficult, cost, of course pix ALWAYS helps...... :roll:8)

The pix showing the brightness difference were very illuminating :lol::lol: but did show the difference very well :razz::razz:

Thanks!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
you gotta be kidding?!

i've been following your posts about your mod and it's just 'before and after shots'? hey, c'mon, can you show more love by putting more details?! please and thank you! (there, i said the magic words!:-D)

·
Registered
117 Posts
sweeeeeetttt! have you considered painting the housing black or the reflector thingy for the original bulbs to reflect on? most people paint theirs after a retrofit, but not everybody has the same taste. just wondering

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Like others, I'd like to see your how-to on this install. You should write a review on these HERE as you'd be the first.

Looks really great!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys
sorry ive been away here
as far as painting the reflector i decided against it; IMO i dont really like the look.
i wanted to make it look somewhat oem.. if you know what i mean

as for a write up it was just:
take apart the housing (write ups on how to already)
slide projector in h4 hole, and use the locking screw that came with it to tighten it up.
close housing
power up :-D

it is the same as the ones that some have gotten from ebay.
there is no cutting or anything needed. just a direct bolt up.
i went with these for the fact that i didnt want to have to cut the housing/ reflector. and this is TOTALLY reversible

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Could you provide a link to where you purchased them? Also, temp of lights, etc?

Shot from the inside (under hood behind light housing) would be really interesting, too!

Much obliged...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
really nothing is different about the housing, if you see the housing it looks stock
i got them from the retrofit source

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...d=221&osCsid=587ed1d7dc781584bfade93c72ae9e15

as far a DRL. i am going to be hooking up the blinkers/ parking lights to DRL..
i'm not sure if i want to use the ballasts too much, as they will need replacing once they hit their life time.
i dont have specs on operating temp, but if you are standing infront of the beam you can feel heat.. when i touch the headlight after driving them i dont feel any heat on the housing,
they are great to drive with; really amazing lighting.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Went to the site, and it provides some good info, but, which one did you use? Was the link everything needed for the install? Was that your total cost, if different, (not including S&H)? :? 8)

Thanks!!! :razz:

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Did you buy any shrouds to cover the projector. You know, to make it look pretty? I couldn't tell for sure from the pictures. If so which ones?
Those look like gatling gun shrouds.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they come with the gatling shrouds to cover and make it look clean.
you have the option to upgrade to different shrouds. i stayed with the gatling shrouds :grin:
i dont know anything about the ebay projectors.
i just went with these as they are VERY popular and everyone on hidplanet recommends them.. and now i know why they love them soo much

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have some red E55R shrouds that will look pretty nutty in black housings. ;-)

Do you like the chrome look or do you not like black?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey guys
sorry ive been away here
as far as painting the reflector i decided against it; IMO i dont really like the look.
i wanted to make it look somewhat oem.. if you know what i mean

as for a write up it was just:
take apart the housing (write ups on how to already)
slide projector in h4 hole, and use the locking screw that came with it to tighten it up.
close housing
power up :-D

it is the same as the ones that some have gotten from ebay.
there is no cutting or anything needed. just a direct bolt up.
i went with these for the fact that i didnt want to have to cut the housing/ reflector. and this is TOTALLY reversible
How did you get them lined up so good? I'm having an issue with my cutoff on my H1's,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts