Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Met up with Uncle Mike in Sturbridge last Thursday for lunch and kayaking. The boat launch we planned to use was closed, so we went over to Quinebaug Cove Campground. Old smooth talkin' Mike got them to let us launch from the beach at Tentback, so "we could check it out for a future EOC meet". It was a pleasant afternoon with some fond memories of the good old days. Took some pictures with my cell phone, but can't get them to attach to an e-mail.

5/19/2007

·
Registered
900 Posts
That's a great picture of Harry! Yes...those were some good times!

It was fun "returning to Tentback" and getting out on the water so early this year. Had a good time with Mr. Eagle! If anyone else has a kayak, or if anyone else with fond memories of "Tentback Mountain" would like to get together or plan a trip....please post your comments!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Is the hill top still available? Jurn commented it wasn't on their map anymore. Would love to go back.

Gaily

·
Registered
236 Posts
Next time you guys are kayaking, shoot me a message, I'm down!! I went there all the time last year - usually dropping in farther up the river and coming out at the closed boat launch..it's a nice paddle.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hi Gaily,

I'm not sure if those campsites are still available, however I'm not sure why they wouldn't be unless "Billygoat Road" getting up there has become inpassable for some reason. Those sites were awesome! I'll ask the next time I go back.

Hello Wickedhuff,

Sounds like you are very familiar with the Tentback/Quinebog neck of the woods! That is quite a strecth of water but I don't know it well enough to even tell you exactly where we were. We were on a designated "water treil". Last time we went to the end which was about 11 miles from the boat launch on Rt. 20 and we ended up at some public beach area in Holland. My biody really ached from that 22 mile paddle a few days later, but I really love that type of kayaking: slow moving, narrow, winding scenic river where you are seldom far away from shore.

I'll keep you psoted on the next "Return To Tentback"!.

p.s........It was all I could do to keep a straight face (with Bald Eagle listening) as I sought permission to drive onto the private beach at Quinebog Cove, by telling the inquisitive manager that I was with "the PRESIDENT of the Honda Element Owners Club" and we were scouting out locations for out next meet with kayak owners. The gentleman glanced over at Bald Eagle, sitting in his NON-HONDA vehicle and said: "Sure, go right ahead...don't worry about the day charge for today!".....Too funny!:lol:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Your a smooth talking devil !

Dom

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks Dom!;-)

My wife says I have a "gift". I never know what I'm going to say in challenging situations and even surprise myself sometimes.

The only problem is.....this never works at home!:x

·
Registered
900 Posts
Here are a couple of cellphone pics of Tentback Beach and Bald Eagle on the Quinnebog!:

(check out the Nissan that the Honda Club "President" drives!)

Attachments

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Hi Gaily,

I'll keep you psoted on the next "Return To Tentback"!.

Keep Us all posted will ya????

:
So glad to see you all in here and the Jamboree is (including NON-Element Owners, Bald Eagle and Shopping Eagle) AUGUST 20, 21, and 22, Plan now....Eventually I'll get a post up....

open to all E-Owners.....

Sorry I haven't bee around, have been paying off new roof. (still)

Mike and Mike, good to see you guys active again......

And Gaily's right, I didn't see the sites we like on the campground map, but I figured we could get the smooth talkers , you guys, to get us in....I explained we were all older and responsible, hehehehehhe...
I have firewood.

Talk soon, and love ya all.

jurn

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hey Jurn!

How's my "hot sauce buddy"? Nice to hear from you and thanks for the advance notice on the Jamboree! I will mark the calendar and do my best to get some time off that weekend. (I'm back to work as a restaurant manager and the hours are as insane as ever. If I do get some time off, I'll be bringing some special "T" ;-))

I live just 15 minutes from "Tentback" and will try and find out about those campsites. Heck, we all drive Elements so we could "baha it" up to our beloved Tentback Mountain site....and give a lift to any "non-Element owners" who lack all wheel drive. I do have to hand it to Bald Eagle: the road to Tentback Beach was washed out, with some gnarly underbrush and wet sand to drive over (look at our tracks) but after pausing for only a minute or two....he went for it with his trusty Nissan!

It would really be great to see all you guys again, either at the Jamboree or a Tentback Reunion! :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts