Honda Element Owners Club banner
721 - 740 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
the reduced cross section will give you slightly less snow clearance. and if you're concerned about the offset difference get some hub centric 5mm spacers.

but, as stated above, you should be fine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Since eMass' speaker thread has been so helpful to everyone, I was hoping to start the same thing here for wheels and tires. If an almighty mod could make this a sticky, that would be most appreciated ([Done -brendan]). If anyone has additional items they would like see listed in the boilerplate, please PM me and I would be happy to edit my post. Thanks in advance to all those participating since this will helps us all be more informed buyers.

Wheels:
- Stock, black steel
Tires:
- BFG TA/KO2, 225-70 16, $88 each
Weight: 35 pounds each
- America's Tires, Lafayette Indiana

Hope this helps...Fat Freddy

·
Registered
7 Posts
After lots of research, I decided on a set of Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus in a LT225/75/R16 on stock wheels. Agressive tread but very quiet on the highway. Snow flake severe service symbole on the sidewall means I won't be needing a set of snow tires.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda element
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Synthetic rubber Wheel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wheels 18x8.5 +35
Tires 235/45/18

Still adjusting the suspension but here is what it looks like so far. Sorry for the dirty E been sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It might be here somewhere in the 725 posts....

SC wheels....what tires can I install without rubbing issues, other than the stock 225/55 R18

Like most everyone I'd like to go slightly larger...

·
Registered
12 Posts
BFG TA KO2 225/75/R16 Install - Tires Rub :( Stock Wheels

I know there's a lot of posting about this size tire, but I just had my installer try to install BF Goodrich TA KO2 On/Off-Road Tires at 225/75/R16 and I can confirm they do rub. Just an FYI for any others

Perhaps the TA KO (Originals) fit for some people but I think the newer ones are boxier than before. Either way, I am left with ordering BFG TA KO2 in stock: 215/70/R16 to be safe.

Cheers,
Miguel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just installed some Raceline 131B EVO wheels in 16x7, +20mm offset, shod with BIG-O Mesa tires (buy 3, get 1 free, baby!) in the 235/70R16 size. No rubbing whatsoever, and I am SUPER happy with the way they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just put a set of 235/70R16 Michelin Defender LTXs on my 04 EX. No rubbing and they feel great on the road so far. Will see how they handle the rain and snow later this year.

Got them from Tire Rack and had my local Honda dealership do the mounting, balancing, and 4-wheel alignment. These replaced a set of Michelin LTX M/S2's (225/70R16) that had ~80,000 miles on them. Couldn't be happier with the M/S2's, so I'm hoping I'll get just as equally great performance and life out of the Defender LTXs.

Here are a couple of pics:

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Car

Face Hair Eyebrow Nose Lip

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Rim

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system

Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle door Vehicle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda element

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm just trying to buy a spare donut wheel for my 2008 Honda Element EX (newly acquired.) Local tire company quoted me specs like: "16x6" and "5x112 millimeter bolt pattern". What I'm finding is "16x4" and "16x6.5". I might presume the latter but... ??

So what I need are firm specs so that I might shop in a salvage yard. (Can't find anything on the Honda web site... )
Thanks, guys!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I'm just trying to buy a spare donut wheel for my 2008 Honda Element EX (newly acquired.) Local tire company quoted me specs like: "16x6" and "5x112 millimeter bolt pattern". What I'm finding is "16x4" and "16x6.5". I might presume the latter but... ??

So what I need are firm specs so that I might shop in a salvage yard. (Can't find anything on the Honda web site... )
Thanks, guys!
Do you not have a tire on there to pull specs off of? I have a spare sitting in my back yard I'm trying real hard not to through away A: I can get you specs, B: if you want it, its yours, but I'm not paying for shipping.

-Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alloy Wheels for 2005 LX

I would like a modest upgrade to the appearance of my vehicle. Will the standard EX alloy wheels fit? Can I use the standard size tires currently on my LX?

John W
Baltimore

·
Registered
23 Posts

Thanks, guys!

Did you have any luck? I found several spares from Elements being parted out on Craigslist when I was looking. I had a wheel but the tire was bad, and rather than buy a used assembly I ended up getting a new tire from Tire Rack at a very reasonable price and a shop mounted it.

I can post the tire details and price later, but I can't access them right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone tried Pirelli Scorpion Verdes? I searched here but got no results. I just ordered a set. They get good test results on Tire Rack and Consumer Reports.

Thanks
kevin

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Can you guys help me out? New to Elements, just bought one and waiting to get it shipped over.
This is the look I'm going for, can anyone help me determine wheel size, offset and tire size? Thanks!!!!
Those look like 0 offset 225/75r 16x7” or 16x8” You can also get something similar on a larger/wider wheel (which will require you to learn how-to decypher tire size codes and how they play with offset

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you have any luck? I found several spares from Elements being parted out on Craigslist when I was looking. I had a wheel but the tire was bad, and rather than buy a used assembly I ended up getting a new tire from Tire Rack at a very reasonable price and a shop mounted it.

I can post the tire details and price later, but I can't access them right now.

It was a Yokohama Y870B - SIZE: T145/90D16, $87 at Tire Rack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cragar Soft 8 (15 x 8 | 4in BS | -13mm offset)

These will NOT clear the brake calipers on a '07 AWD

I'm running a 5mm spacer to make it fit

721 - 740 of 779 Posts