Honda Element Owners Club banner
741 - 760 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Cragar Soft 8 (15 x 8 | 4in BS | -13mm offset)

These will NOT clear the brake calipers on a '07 AWD

I'm running a 5mm spacer to make it fit

because the rims are 15" diameter, not because the offset of -13.
OEM wheels are 16".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, new here and just got an 05 Element EX. Was planning on some 16x7.5, et30 wheels with either 225/70-16 or 225/75-16 tires (Yokahoma GO15 or BFGoodrich T/A KO2). The inner rim should be a few mm further out from the strut, I am 95% sure this will work? Any concerns I should have? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hi, new here and just got an 05 Element EX. Was planning on some 16x7.5, et30 wheels with either 225/70-16 or 225/75-16 tires (Yokahoma GO15 or BFGoodrich T/A KO2). The inner rim should be a few mm further out from the strut, I am 95% sure this will work? Any concerns I should have? Thanks.
shouldn't be a problem. i currently have 215/70 x 16x6.5 with et of 20 and no rubbing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
#Dirtyfresh. Found a deal on some 15"x8 procomp series 31 wheels -19 offset with 235/75R15 tires mounted. Does rub a bit on the aft side of the wheel well which might be due to the shallow offset? Its very light, so no worrys. 50mm/30mm spacer lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wheels
- Style OEM Jeep Wrangler wheels....used on Cherokee '93-'01 & Wrangler '97-'06
- Size 15 x 7 , Offset (???) (mine required 1"/25mm spacers to fit over the front brake caliper, it fit over the rear calipers) (spacer...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RXXVQLO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Weight (???)
- PRICE Free from Jeep Wrangler

These are 15" x 7" wheels that were leftovers from my old 99 Jeep Wrangler TJ. They required 1" inch wheel spacers to fit over my front brake calipers, but they fit over my smaller rear calipers without the spacers. I used spacers on all 4 tires. The spacer are from Titan Industries that I got on Amazon for $57.95 shipped. I haven't had any issues yet.

Tires
- Brand, Style
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80
- Size (215/70R15 98T )
- Store, Price, Shipping https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OPNRMRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OPNRMRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

These R15 tires are nearly the same overall size as OEM Element R16 tires. I used 215/70R15 tires because I had the 15" Jeep wheels laying around for free.

The Blizzaks made my 04 Manual drive like a tank. We got 4-6" inches of snow then an inch or so of sleet/ice. The temp dropped to 0 degrees so even the plowed roads had an inch or 2 of ice. It was pretty much unstoppable in these conditions. Most of the time it felt like I was on dry pavement. I got a little hung up on the foot or so of hardened ice/snow bank that the plow created, but definitely not stopped. Backed up a little, then forward and was out. Im curious to see how it does , with the E's clearance, as the snow gets up over a foot. So far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
617 Posts
Does anybody have a significant number of miles/experience with the Kumho Crugen HT51. I'm starting to think about replacing the Firestone Destination LE 2s on my E. Next summer/fall they will have 4 1/2 years on them and be at about 50% wear. They have been great and I initially was going to go with another set but my local tireguy loves -and would love to sell me- the HT51s, either in a stock 215/70R16 or a 225/70R16. They get good tirerack reviews and peoples short-term experiences here seem good. Just looking at the longer picture on an E. Not much freeway driving, nor any crazy offroading, but lots of hilly township roads and careful field navigation while tending fences. Oh yea, snow, sometimes LOTS of it.

Thanks for any feedback,

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Marv, I have found that the Kumho Solis Have worked really well on my E. Since 2004 , I have had many different brands on the E. And, it sounds like our driving conditions are similar . They feel good, track well and are priced right . a big difference is that they same to last longer. I am running stock size 215-70-16 on stock rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anybody have a significant number of miles/experience with the Kumho Crugen HT51. I'm starting to think about replacing the Firestone Destination LE 2s on my E. Next summer/fall they will have 4 1/2 years on them and be at about 50% wear. They have been great and I initially was going to go with another set but my local tireguy loves -and would love to sell me- the HT51s, either in a stock 215/70R16 or a 225/70R16. They get good tirerack reviews and peoples short-term experiences here seem good. Just looking at the longer picture on an E. Not much freeway driving, nor any crazy offroading, but lots of hilly township roads and careful field navigation while tending fences. Oh yea, snow, sometimes LOTS of it.

Thanks for any feedback,
Did you go with the Crugens?
I just installed a set on my 2003 E and so far really nice, especially @ 83.00 a piece for a 70,000 treadwear tire , UTQG 720 AA
They replaced the Solus ,which had a lower treadwear rating.

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
617 Posts
Did you go with the Crugens?
I just installed a set on my 2003 E and so far really nice, especially @ 83.00 a piece for a 70,000 treadwear tire , UTQG 720 AA
They replaced the Solus ,which had a lower treadwear rating.
That's slated for late summer, early fall when the current tires should hit 40% to 50% tread and 4 1/2 years. I've pretty much decided to go with the Crugens then. This has been a winter among winters for us and the FS Destination 2s on the AWD E are still doing well but I can tell they aren't full tread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's slated for late summer, early fall when the current tires should hit 40% to 50% tread and 4 1/2 years. I've pretty much decided to go with the Crugens then. This has been a winter among winters for us and the FS Destination 2s on the AWD E are still doing well but I can tell they aren't full tread.
I will try and post an update before August and let you know how the Crugens are faring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live on a narrow city street requiring me to park as close to the curb as possible. I researched tires that had strong sidewalls and found MASTERCRAFT tires made in the USA that were very inexpensive and have been great both for handling and durability. I had one freaky accident that ripped my muffler off and one tire came completely off the rim. The mechanic fixing the muffler checked the tire and put it back on and nine months later it's still fine, I haven't had to put a drop of air in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a set of 2019 Acura RDX 19x8 ET50 wheels from someone to mount on my 2006 EX-P. I haven't mounted any tires yet, but I was thinking of going with something close to the original width, 225/50-19 or slightly wider. I know I might have to use a small spacer around 5mm to clear the suspension. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will 2011 Honda Accord steel wheels safely work on a 2008 Element EX?
I believe the Accords are 16 x 6.5 (same as E) but with a 55 offset
Been searching the forum wondering the same thing about a set of 2003 accord rims same size and offset as mentioned.
Anybody seen it done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
got a set of Jeep Liberty wheels with new 225/75/16 Good Year Duratracs on them, had to run a 5mm wheel spacer in the front and do a little clearancing on the calliper bracket. Results are great, got the tires and rims for $600 CAD ($15 USD) and had the spacer, I like the fitment, the jeep wheels have a nice offset (not sure what it is) i have had duratracs on my work trucks before so I knew they were a little noisy. happy with the 225/75/16

Attachments

741 - 760 of 779 Posts