Honda Element Owners Club banner
761 - 779 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
2008 SC in Root Beer Metallic.

Running Enkei EKM3 wheels, and Goodyear Eagle LS2's. VERY grippy. VERY responsive. I cut almost 8 pounds per rim by using the Enkei's. Translated into quicker steering response and a slightly better ride.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle door

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda element Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
installed 235/70-16 Falken A/T3W 2 days ago, stock 16" wheels. No rubbing that I can find but front caliper decided to seize up so haven't been driving it much until I get time to fix it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a set of Cooper AT3 4S a week ago or so and compared to the "Good Ride" crap that the car came to me with the difference is pretty astonishing really!

I didn't think the Good Ride were that terrible but alas they seem now to be.

The Cooper are much more quiet which I was afraid would not be the case and overall the ride and handling of the E is better in every way.
We still have had no wet roads here though so I can not talk about that just yet.
Looks are also miles ahead to me!

Highly Endorsed Tire so far!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
225/75 - 16 Cooper AT3 4S on 16 x 7 Sparko Terra wheels. Wheels are 18.7 lbs., Tires are 30 lbs., so combo is only slightly heavier that the stock alloys and tires - did a lot or research on weights before buying. No rubbing. It is a 5 speed manual transmission AWD, so the gear ratios are lower than normal Elements. Even with the larger diameter tires, it still accelerates well. Speedometer is about 3.5% off, but I use the GPS for speedometer anyway. Rides great, engine RPM is a couple hundred lower on the highway. Doesn't appear to have changed the MPG.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,806 Posts
225/75 - 16 Cooper AT3 4S on 16 x 7 Sparko Terra wheels. Wheels are 18.7 lbs., Tires are 30 lbs., so combo is only slightly heavier that the stock alloys and tires - did a lot or research on weights before buying. No rubbing. It is a 5 speed manual transmission AWD, so the gear ratios are lower than normal Elements. Even with the larger diameter tires, it still accelerates well. Speedometer is about 3.5% off, but I use the GPS for speedometer anyway. Rides great, engine RPM is a couple hundred lower on the highway. Doesn't appear to have changed the MPG.

View attachment 203302
Nice looking EX-P in Atomic Blue. You don't see very many in that color combo. I really like it! :)

·
Registered
2003 Element EX, 1999 Mercedes SL500
7 Posts
Hi all!
This morning I fitted a new set of tires on my E (Turtle). I wanted to keep stock height and wheels but upgrade the tires, so I went with a set of Mesa A/P3 225/75/16 10 ply light truck tires. $580 installed at Big O. They fit with stock equipment just fine, and TRANSFORMED Turtle's road manners. It feels more planted, the steering is more responsive, less sidewall bulge, and a slightly higher stance. [pictures coming soon]. Big thanks to everyone here because I wouldn't have been able to figure out what size would work without all of your posts.
[sincerely, person who usually just lurks and doesn't post 😂]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys new here. New element owner. Picked up a 03 with 123k miles on it.
Looking for a good black wheel to put bigger tires on that do not stick out too far and don't rub. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,806 Posts
Hey Guys new here. New element owner. Picked up a 03 with 123k miles on it.
Looking for a good black wheel to put bigger tires on that do not stick out too far and don't rub. Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to the EOC Gshack! :)

All I can say is start by doing a search on this site. There are hundreds (if not thousands!) of different aftermarket black wheels to pick from that will work on an Element, and a whole lot of photos on this site too. Keep searching until you find something you like, and then start shopping online!

Show us some pictures of your new Element when you get a chance!

·
Registered
3 Posts

All I can say is start by doing a search on this site. There are hundreds (if not thousands!) of different aftermarket black wheels to pick from that will work on an Element, and a whole lot of photos on this site too. Keep searching until you find something you like, and then start shopping online!

View attachment 211015

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haha I figured you might be. I love it so far! Can't wait to see how it handles In Pa snow. Heard they are like lil tanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in San Diego and we got our first heavy rains a few weeks ago and my Element was hydroplaning all over the place. It was so bad that I felt unsafe driving it on wet roads. So this past weekend I replaced my tires. And they only had 10,000 miles on them. I got a set of Michelin LTX M/S SL tires and went one size up to 225/70/16. It made a HUGE difference. The Element now corners and takes curves a whole lot better even on dry roads and it stops better too. It rained some more this week and no more hydroplaning. It's also quieter. I'm really happy. These weren't cheap tires. I spent $630 at Discount Tire installed with a road hazard warranty, but I think it was worth every penny. They're rated to go 60,000 miles. I can't believe that Honda put such crappy tires on this vehicle. I'm going to send them a letter. Lisa
Did your gas mileage change when you change tire size?

·
Registered
519 Posts

View attachment 203302
Wheels look great on here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all , Just got a new to me 2006 EX . Love it so far and going down the path to make it "unstock" , lol .
Was looking for a set of 235/70r16 tires for my EL , but the stock EX wheels are pretty rough .
Found a real nice set of brand new 235/70r16 Mastercraft AXT2 tires , but they were on really nice Ford wheels (I know , lol ) ...... But a Really great price.
Did some research and took a gamble and everything from the specs told me they would work . Correct bolt pattern , offset and backspacing , etc . Concentric is slightly off , but to the bigger side , so no grinding needed. They are 1/2" wider rim then the El also .
Picked them up today, and low and behold ........they fit perfectly . Like PERFECTLY !
Could not find ANYWHERE , that someone has tried this combo, so I thought I would put it out there , as there are millions of these wheels available for cheap. I love the look on the EL !
Wheel is a 2008-2012 Ford Escape . Tire size stock on these is 235/70r16 . So its easy to find a set with tires already mounted and balanced used.
They are literally perfect for an EL .

Here is a quick pic . Stock suspension EL - 235/70r16 on Ford Escape wheels . (going to throw on a 2" lift next) .

What do you all think of these ?
Oh .......thanks for keeping such a great forum going !

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just purchased Michelin Defender T+h 225/65/16 and will let you know if they are an improvement over my 3.75 year goodyear Assurance 215/70/16`s. Been running pretty bald for over a year on the back tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking for the best cross section of quiet and comfortable tires that also have good wet and dry traction with good treadwear. I'm in the Southeastern U.S., so I really want temperature Grade A as the asphalt here can get really hot and make tire compound harden so that when the rains come you've lost a great deal of your wet weather traction.

I've used Tirerack.com to narrow down my choices and have culled tires that seemed nice in testing, but user reviews in hotter climates complained of increased noise and loss of traction despite still having a lot of tread life suggesting compound hardening. I've narrowed my search down to...

Falken WildPeak A/T Trail | 215/70R16 (tirerack.com)

Kumho Crugen HT51 | P215/70R16 (tirerack.com)

Continental CrossContact LX25 | 215/70R16 (tirerack.com)

Anyone here have experience with some of these on their Elements?

761 - 779 of 779 Posts