Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am starting a new thread for the East Coast/Midwest National Meet from 7/29 thru 8/2 in the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon area. Closest city is Wellsboro.

Randy and Bridget Grim, Owners and son Tyler
Stony Fork Creek Campground
658 Stony Fork Creek Road
Wellsboro, PA 16901

(570)724-3096

Please identify yourself as Element Owners Club
He has set aside 10 to 12 sites with water and electricity. $30 per night. Look at the sites from 68 to 80. Two tents per site are allowed and he would charge an extra $8.00 per person for the extra tent. He stated that the sites are 35 feet wide and 100 feet deep. No problem in accomodating trailers, teardrops and pop ups That there would be no problem to set up in a circle etc. If we need more sites he is willing to accomodate us. If you don't want water and electricity than it is 8.00 per person. Cabins are also availabe.

Here are the rates:

-----------------------------------------Daily-------------- Weekly
Electric/Water*.................... $30................ $180

Electric/Water/Sewer*........... $35................ $210

Cabins................................ $65............ $390 +tx

Tent Site Per Person
Adult (18+)...........................$8..................$48
Children (6- 17).....................$5
Under 5no charge
Visitor (overnight)..................$7
Visitor (day)..........................$5

RV Camping Clubs: 10% Discount
if more than 10 sites

Reservation Policy
Holiday/Weekends: Minimum two
nights with one deposit.
No Refunds for Early Departure
Visa/Mastercard Accepted

Park Policy
Alcoholic Beverages Permitted At Sites Only
Pets Must Be On Leash
No Smoking or Pets in Rental Units
48 hour notice for cancellation.

http://www.stonyforkcamp.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

214 Total Sites • 40 E/W Hookup Sites • 114 Full Hookup Sites • 60 Tent Sites • Seasonal Sites • Full Service Cabins • Trailer Rentals

Free Wi-Fi • Pets Allowed (with restrictions) • Credit Cards Accepted • On-Site Holding Tank Service

Nearby Attractions:
PA Grand Canyon, Pine Creek Rail Trail, Leonard Harrison State Park, Grand Canyon Air Port, Hills Creek State Park, Corning Glass Museum, Animal Land Zoo, Tioga Trail Rides, Mountain Trail Horse Center, Tioga Central Railroad, Ski Sawmill, Ski Denton

Per owner Randy if we get 10 or more sites we get a 10 Percent discount.

I am sure there are things I forgot, but on short notice I am sure there are more questions.

I need to call him back to make sure everyone is ok with this. Please let me know asap that this is good to go.

Patty

=====================

Reservations, as of 7/20/2010

Tent sites
69 RobfromLI +3
70 NismoGriff
71 Krate Bike
72 Kiwi_Box
73 Taylor
74 Bloateus
75 Moondrop
76 Snuffleupagus
77 Tool0128
78 Lorrie & Diana
79 Gaily
80 Ramblerdan (Thurs.-Sun.)
81 Dom & Patty
82 Tim & Elaine

Cabins
35 Fish E and Platinumman21

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks Patty!

The site looks good.

The sites have been renumbered. We are in site 81. It is one site to the left of what the map shows. So site 81 on the map is site 82. The site size is massive ! it's 30 feet wide , but it's 100 feet deep.

Make sure when you call that you tell them your with the Honda Element owners club. Once we have 10 sites reserved we get a 10% discount for all of us. Not a big deal, but it's something.

I have asked Paul to lock the old thread to avoid confusion. If anyone has questions contact Patty or myself. We will do our best to find the information you need.

We needed to get this moving so people can plan for it.

Thanks

Dom

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I was hoping on joining you this year for the meat, but with 7 hr drive it most probably won't work. Of course will be looking forward to seeing pictures. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping on joining you this year for the meat, but with 7 hr drive it most probably won't work. Of course will be looking forward to seeing pictures. :)

We would love for you to come, please reconsider.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

It's just over 7 hours for us also!

That's nothing. It's worth it to see all the EOC people!

Dom

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
looks good going to see if Jake wants to share a site again this year.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
we doing this at the same time as before?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I spoke to Randy at the campgrounds, he stated that if you are sharing a site just to let him know. He doesn't need all the specifics right away He says the area we are in will easily accomodate 100 people. I have to give him a $30.00 deposit and will be charged the rest at check in. He stated at that time if we were going to have another tent on our site just to let him know at check in. Usually it is $30. for 2 adults/2 children per site but he charge us $30.00 for 4 adults per site if you want to double up. I hope this is clear. If not pm me and either Dom or I will be happy to get the info or clarify. Or you can call the campground directly.

I have never seen this campground just the photos on the website. Randy was very accomodating and easy to deal with.

Don't forget to mention Element Owners Club when making your reservation.

Our sites are near all the facilities. He stated quiet time starts at 11pm.

Please let me know when you make your reservation, if you are sharing a site and what the site number is.

The closest grocery store is in Wellsboro which is about 8.6 miles away and the closest Walmart is 19 miles away just north of Wellsboro. There is also a Walmart south of the campsite for those coming from the south. I think it was about 23 miles away.

There looks like there are lots of stuff to do in the area. Dominic & I may stop at Corning and go thru the Corning glass museum. It is very impressive, especially when you get to the crystal part(Steubens Glass).

I am not sure we are going to do teeshirts, but will discuss with others. May do bumper stickers, will need to discuss with Goosler. First we have to figure out what to call this. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is something to think about. There is a self guided driving throughout the Canyon. We may want to have a E caravan.

I will not be scheduling any group activities. If they happen, they happen.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
ok will let Jake know and see what happens

·
Registered
941 Posts
Little over 7 hour for me not including potty breaks for the kids.

·
Registered
98 Posts
2010 East Coast National Meet

Would love to come, really don't camp, and cabins won't allow a 9 pound cutie Frankie the mini Dashound.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Elaine and I have no problem with doubling up, if anyone wants to throw a tent or 2 on our site with us...J & J???
They did say 4 adults....

1 - 20 of 467 Posts