Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drive my son to Seattle every other month ( lives there ) from Vancouver .I notice that the revs are up around 35 to 38 k - coming from a v6 where the revs are way lower i feel as if im going to blow the e up = is it normal to have hi rpms ( 5 sp mt) - around town i dont prolong high rpms

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just got my '04 MT and was disconcerted to see I was running the RPM's you are getting. Did a search and found your thread. Glad to know it is "normal".

I, fortunately, have very capable friends who like to mod cars... one helped me look over the '04 before I bought it, he is "very interested" in doing the mod!

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's normal have a 5MT as well, and my engine revs high all day on fifth gear at 3600-4500rpms (70-85mph). These engines love to be reved high.

One thing you should always do is always check engine oil so it doesn't go low and change accordingly every 3000 or so miles depending on the oil you use.
Second things is check Coolant/radiator and fill accordingly so you don't overheat. (I don't have a leak but it does go low from time to time, so I add to the reservoir.)
Third is change transmission fluid according to manual.

FYI:The higher RPM's is where you will get the most torque and HP.
I rev often near/before redline often and these engine love it if you take care of the proper maintenance.

I'd like to add a 6th gear someday, I do recommend it, since the 6MT owners here love it.
I'm also down to do the 6MT Mod soon, I've been searching as well in the LA/OC area, let's get a mini group buy in our area and get some quotes on a deal? =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts