Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a bike rack I've used for the last 7 years. it's a great rack, but made for cars with a trunk. Has anyone gotten one of these to work with an Element???

I don't want a roof rack and I will have four bikes so i'm not sure that would work anyway. Ultimately, I plan to go with a hitch and a carrier, but we are talking several hundered dollars to get the hitch and a 4 bike carrier... plus I have concerns how far something like that will stick out... Anyway, any help/sugestions are welcomed. Thank you!

The rack I have looks something like this:
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/329/200033329.jpg

Also, a little off topic, but I found a few links to four bike hitch carriers and can't seem to find them again... any recomendations??? Thank you!

·
Registered
599 Posts
A good place to start is the manual for the rack you already have. If you're like me you probably haven't kept it after seven years but that's what Google is for, right? :)

I have a Thule rack similar to yours and it can be converted to work on hatchbacks. I haven't tried it on my E yet but judging by how adjustable the arms are I'm guessing it would work. All depends on how versatile your rack is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got one of those, and used it a couple of times before getting another bike carrying option. The most I had on it was two bikes, but it served pretty well for that and kept them on the E for about 90 miles at highway speeds.

Watching it rock in the rearview mirror does not inspire confidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts