Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently picked up a kiwi 06 Element EX-P, and it only came with one key. I did a quick search and saw that some people have been using the Ridgeline all in one key (35111-SHJ-305), so I picked one up. I should have done some more research (looks like everyone that did this had an 07 up), because it doesn't work. I was able to program the remote to the door locks, and Honda cut the key, but they weren't able to program it to the car. I guess 2006 Elements have a different key part number than 07 up, so I guess 06 is the odd ball year... Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what my options are at this point.

1. Get a 2006 element key, cut it open, and transplant the chip into the Ridgeline key. (I can't seem to find that part # on any Honda part sites)

2. Get a bypass module used in remote start installs, and bypass the immobilizer all together.

I'm open to suggestions... Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I was thinking of the bypass method. I've heard that there are bypass modules that don't require a key, but I've been unable to find one for the Element.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

I ended up doing a chip transplant into the new Ridgeline key. I did this in the past when I had an 05 RSX with a TL switchblade key. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts