Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post, but I wanted to let you all know that using the Honda Ridgeline all-in-one remote/key works perfectly will my '08 SC. It was pretty cool, because neither parts department nor the service department thought it would really work. I found a woman in parts that was willing to give it a shot, though. She did confirm that the immobilizers are the same. Amidst all the confusion, nobody really kept track of the paperwork, so I paid for the key itself, and that was it!!! The key is bigger than I was expected, but still nothing compared to the remote and key combined.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hi, this is my first post, but I wanted to let you all know that using the Honda Ridgeline all-in-one remote/key works perfectly will my '08 SC. It was pretty cool, because neither parts department nor the service department thought it would really work. I found a woman in parts that was willing to give it a shot, though. She did confirm that the immobilizers are the same. Amidst all the confusion, nobody really kept track of the paperwork, so I paid for the key itself, and that was it!!! The key is bigger than I was expected, but still nothing compared to the remote and key combined.
Nice going! I have done both, the Ridgeline key and the TL flip key, but I am using the Ridgeline as the 'Daily Driver'!!! The TL-key is really too clunky for my likes.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the group there BT, where in SE Kansas are you?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Nicely done! I have the TL flip key which I love. You should post the part
number for the key, so if people want to add this to their E, they can do
it with confidence. I would post a picture of it as well, we are a very
visual group. :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I checked with my local dealer and they said it would not work and were not willing to try. They said I could buy a key and pay for the programing at the tune of $150.00 and if it did not work...oh well. I sure would like more information, key number, etc. I also have an 08 (lx).

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I checked with my local dealer and they said it would not work and were not willing to try. They said I could buy a key and pay for the programing at the tune of $150.00 and if it did not work...oh well. I sure would like more information, key number, etc. I also have an 08 (lx).
....show 'em the EOC print outs!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments, folks. To answer your questions, the part number is 35111-SHJ-305. It should work for any '07+ Element. You just have to find a dealer that is willing to do it. For me, the Acura key seemed to be too much hassle for not that much gain. ORANGEE, I am in Pittsburg -- without the H! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
Been runnin' with the Ridgie key for over a year now, LOVE it!! Keeps the pocket bulge to a minimum, and nice to have "just" the key to lock it up.

Welcome to the loony bin, we are VERY glad you found us...:twisted::???::twisted::p:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a note here. I printed this entire thread and took it to the local Honda dealer. Based on the details here, they cut the key and programmed the Ridgeline key while I was there. $109 and about 30 minutes later it worked great. Awesome info and it's nice that I don't have to wade through 80+ pages of posts to get it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ridgeline key

I did the Ridgeline key mod on my 08 LX. I got thr key on ebay for $20, took the chip out of my valet key so it already worked with the transponder. I went to the dealer and got the key cut for $15....$35 total. As was said above, not one person at the dealer thought it would work. I honestly had to make them cut the key after about 30 minutes of telling the it would work and they needed to find out more about the product they were selling...I laughed at them when I drove off with my new key

·
Registered
1 Posts
Part Number

I currently own a 2008 Element SC. However, I wanted to check to see if you can provide a part number for the Ridgeline key that you purchased. I have scheduled an appointment with the deal this Saturday and want to make sure we start with the right part. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the Ridgeline key mod on my 08 LX. I got thr key on ebay for $20, took the chip out of my valet key so it already worked with the transponder. I went to the dealer and got the key cut for $15....$35 total. As was said above, not one person at the dealer thought it would work. I honestly had to make them cut the key after about 30 minutes of telling the it would work and they needed to find out more about the product they were selling...I laughed at them when I drove off with my new key
what if i dont have a valet key ? can i take a chip out of my regular key ? if not, if i did get an ebay key, how would i get it progammed ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
This sounds like a great upgrade, need to look into doing it. Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
So I wana make sure I got this right b4 I go tomorrow and get a key...with the part # and having the key cut & programed thats all I need to do?...no ripping apart the only key I have??

·
Registered
312 Posts
Buy this Honda part number for the Ridgeline 35111-SHJ-305, have the dealer cut the key and program it for you. You don't need to rip apart a key. Have had mine for over 3 years now. And my dealer didn't think it would work either

·
Registered
457 Posts
Buy this Honda part number for the Ridgeline 35111-SHJ-305, have the dealer cut the key and program it for you. You don't need to rip apart a key. Have had mine for over 3 years now. And my dealer didn't think it would work either
ok going in the AM to buy or order it...thanxs for the help!!! :-D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts