Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whattup Eeple,

I've been saving money and searching for the right set up for my E and I think I finally found what I want and I'm eager to make the purchase but I'm not sure if they'll fit. Can anyone tell me if the following specs would work on an '06 E?

Size: 15'' x 8''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
Rear Spacing: 4''
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Tire
31'' x 10.50''R -15''LT

The tires are big and I'm not sure if they'll rub or even fit in the wheel well.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not a lot of people here lift the E.

I'll take a SWAG and say they'll rub. I've seen people here with less agressive tires and a 2" lift that have rubbing concerns. Do a little searching.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a lot of people here lift the E.

I'll take a SWAG and say they'll rub. I've seen people here with less agressive tires and a 2" lift that have rubbing concerns. Do a little searching.
Yea, I didn't plan on lifting so I'll take that to mean that the wheels won't fit. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Tire sizes greater than 235/70/16 or 225/70/16 will give you fit problems. I believe the equivalent in a 15" rim is 235/75/15. As to the rim style, stick with something similar to the stock, or the stock steel. Don't get those deep dished truck style ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whattup Eeple,

I've been saving money and searching for the right set up for my E and I think I finally found what I want and I'm eager to make the purchase but I'm not sure if they'll fit. Can anyone tell me if the following specs would work on an '06 E?

Size: 15'' x 8''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
Rear Spacing: 4''
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Tire
31'' x 10.50''R -15''LT

The tires are big and I'm not sure if they'll rub or even fit in the wheel well.

Thank you.

Not a chance..

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Thank you for the info folks. The search continues...
Check out this thread if you want really meaty tires.....especially the Kumho MTs!

I think 225/75-16 is considered the "tallest" (235/70-16 is the "biggest") you can run w/o rubbing or lifting....Run 'em on stock steelies and you'll be fine....if you can stand the noise, weight, vibration, and crappy wet handling. :wink:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out this thread if you want really meaty tires.....especially the Kumho MTs!

I think 225/75-16 is considered the "tallest" (235/70-16 is the "biggest") you can run w/o rubbing or lifting....Run 'em on stock steelies and you'll be fine....if you can stand the noise, weight, vibration, and crappy wet handling. :wink:
I always liked the Kumho MTs but I need good handling in wet weather since I don't change how I drive in it. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
One thing to watch- the WEIGHT of the wheel and tire combo.10 lbs of weight carried inside the E makes no difference, unsprung weight at the corners is a different story.
The Element's suspension, ball joints and wheel bearings are not particularly heavy duty. Adding unsprung weight much in excess of the factory spec wheels/tires can cause much more rapid failure of the afore mentioned parts. Some of the really "Meaty" off road tires are 10 lbs or so heavier than the stock tires as are certain aftermarket rims. Going with a heavy tire- make sure the rim is a factory steelie or lightweight aftermarket to keep the unsprung weight gain to a minimum.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Various people have changed to AT or even MT style tires, and I have yet to read of mechanical problems caused by the added weight. Lowering the suspension has caused some problems.

If you want the 'beefier' look, the simplest thing to do is buy a set of BFG TA KOs in the stock size. There isn't much point increasing the tire size. Real 'off-road' drivers want good clearance around their tires; they don't want to fill the wheel well. Filling the wheel well is part of the urban show car look.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
18s

So I scrapped the idea of the Cragars after the wheel tech told me there were no fitments for the E and I decided to go with Tirerack's suggestion. Mounted them at Mavis discount tire.

235/50/18 Pirelli Scorpion STRs

Attachments

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Change in direction .....................
I like'em though, they look good

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Change in direction .....................
I like'em though, they look good
Yeaman, thx. I wanted to go with a more off road look but that proved more difficult so I rocked with these. I guess I gotta stick with the streets :cool:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts